Aug 13 2013
By: Aeir_ First Son 3 posts

Montly Games not Available?

5 replies 136 views Edited Aug 13, 2013

So I recently purchased the Playstation Plus subsciption after learning about the great deals. I was excited for the August games as well, however they don't seem to be available to me. When I go into the PS store, the games are still full-price. Are August's monthly deals not available to me even though I purchased the subscription during the month?

Message 1 of 6 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40513 posts

Re: Montly Games not Available?

Aug 13, 2013

Aeir_ wrote:

So I recently purchased the Playstation Plus subsciption after learning about the great deals. I was excited for the August games as well, however they don't seem to be available to me. When I go into the PS store, the games are still full-price. Are August's monthly deals not available to me even though I purchased the subscription during the month?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

As soon as you subscribe to PS Plus any games currently available will also be available to you too, just because you purchased mid-month makes no difference.

Which game(s) are you refering to in particular?

I know this sounds like silly question, but you are signed in on your PS3 with the same account used to purchase the Plus Subscription correct, you would know for sure because it would show a gold d-pad icon next to your PSN ID.

Lastly please be aware that today (Tuesday) is the day the PS Store always updates, it is always worth waiting until the store has fully updated before trying to make an purchase on a Tuesday.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 13, 2013
Both Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Mafia 2 are still listed as full price in the store. I got the option to do the Full game trial with Need for Speed thinking that maybe I had to do that first before I could "buy" the game. I am signed in with the same account.

I'll try again tomorrow and post a reply letting you know if it works. Thanks.

Message 3 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Aeir_ wrote:
Both Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Mafia 2 are still listed as full price in the store. I got the option to do the Full game trial with Need for Speed thinking that maybe I had to do that first before I could "buy" the game. I am signed in with the same account.

I'll try again tomorrow and post a reply letting you know if it works. Thanks.

what region are you from?

those are not free for Plus North America and this is the US forum thats why I ask

Message 4 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29993 posts

Aug 13, 2013

This is the Plus web page for the USA and Canada...

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

The games you mentioned are in the Instant Game Collection for European (including Australia and New Zealand) Playstation Plus accounts only. If you have an account for one of those countries, then you should use the PSN site for that region (http://uk.playstation.com).  Instead of just looking through the Playstation Store to see if the games you want are in the Instant Game Collection, it would be more efficient to check the Free Games link in the Playstation Plus section of the Playstation Store, to see which games are currently in the Instant Game Collection for your account's region.

GKP
Message 5 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Aug 13, 2013
That would be the issue. I guess I didn't read it close enough to notice that it wasn't US. Thanks for the help everyone.
Message 6 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes