First Son
1 posts

Re: Master and Sub Account transfer on Plus

Sep 5, 2013
Awesome
I bought my boys vita launch bundle with playstation + and was debating the whole switch memory card for plus use.
I read your post and decided to try it out on their sub accounts. It Worked just like you said!
No they are not master accounts but they have years before they are old enough for their own.
Thanks for clearing this up for me.
Message 11 of 14 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 23, 2014

I know this is an old post, but I have a bone to pick with one of the idiots that replied to you, and would like to help prove him wrong. I just got off a livechat with Sony support and was told, and I quote... "Todd H.: You would only be able to add PS Plus to a sub account using a PS Plus voucher."

gkpama00 wrote:

What you are describing is not activating Playstation Plus on a sub-account.  You don't activate Plus at all.  Playstation Plus is a subscription.  A subscription must be purchased by a specific PSN account.  PSN sub-accounts cannot purchase Plus subscriptions. They used to be able to, but they can't anymore.  Customer support did not tell you otherwise.

Again, in a different way - 

Asakust: But just for the record, if I have a PS+ code and I try activating it on the sub-account, it should work?
 Todd H.: If it is a voucher code that you enter for this, it would work. 

So, Ibanez, yes. You can get a PS+ subscription for a sub-account, you just have to take an extra step to do so, and gkpama, they WILL tell you otherwise.

Sorry to be a brat on your post, Ibanez, but that gkpama guy has given me crap before and in many posts I've read he repeatedly implies that people are lying about what they have already done or what customer service reps have told them. I wsh you luck, friend!

Message 12 of 14 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 29, 2014

Hey man, I know some time has gone by since this was first posted. I was having some sub to master Plus issues and in reading the idgets who said you can't have a Plus subscription with a sub account...I did it.

Read on suckas...4th paragraph.

Gifting or transferring PlayStation Plus

You cannot transfer a PlayStation®Plus membership purchased on PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store to another account.

You can buy a PlayStation Plus membership gift card or voucher code in a variety of high street and online retailers and the recipient can activate this on their "PSN" master or sub account.

Alternatively, you can buy a wallet top-up voucher code and the recipient can add these funds to their wallet for use in purchasing a PlayStation Plus membership.  

Only master account holders have a wallet. Sub-account holders can purchase a PS Plus subscription but only if the master account has allowed them to use the master account wallet funds and has set the sub account spending limit to an amount that covers the subscription price.

Message 13 of 14 (336 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29462 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2014

Thanks for raising this thread from the dead with information that we already know.  FYI, customer support cleared this up for us last year.  Sub-accounts can purchase Playstation Plus subscriptions, but only if Content Restrictions are turned off in the Parental Controls.  Unless the Content Restrictions remain turned off, then the sub-account won't be able to access all of the Plus benefits.  If you don't do parental control, then you wouldn't have noticed that restriction.  It has nothing to do with wallets, gift cards, payment methods, or anything else.

GKP
Message 14 of 14 (334 Views)
0 Likes