Highlighted
Nov 23 2013
By: kekoa_808state First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

MY GUEST CANT PLAY COD ONLINE

13 replies 52847 views Edited Nov 23, 2013
I have playstation plus and when we go in the play call of duty online when the guest tried to sign in it says "sign in to PSN to use network features" and gives me errors codeNP-31730-4. I thought if the primary PS4 user had playstation plus the guest could play online as well?
Message 1 of 14 (52,847 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29462 posts

Re: MY GUEST CANT PLAY COD ONLINE

Nov 23, 2013

There is no primary PS4 user.  You have to set the PS4 as your PSN account's "primary" console, in the PSN account settings, before other users on the same PS4 will be able to play online without have a Plus subscription.  That is assuming that the error message has anything to do with Plus entitlement to begin with. The error could be for a different reason.

GKP
Message 2 of 14 (52,827 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 23, 2013
Sorry I worded it incorrectly but the playstation console is set to primary. Any idea what the error code is? It's been very frustrating since we bought additional controllers specifically to play COD online and no guest can get on.
Message 3 of 14 (52,823 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7106 posts

Nov 25, 2013

I don't have a PS4, but if it works like the PS3, you have different users.  Each can be associated with a different PSN account, but you don't have to link it to a PSN account.  Since you said the error was "sign in to PSN" (and not PS+ specific) that's what it made me think of.  Did you actually set up a PSN account for the guest/other user?

Message 4 of 14 (52,788 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 4, 2013
No I didn't set up a PSN account for the guest/other user. I was expecting to act like it did with my ps3 where I sign into my PSN account and the guest just plays as a guest. So he would show up online on COD as kekoa_808state(2). Do you think creating a PSN account for the guest would work?
Message 5 of 14 (52,534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 13, 2013
Probably not since the psn account would have to be a playstation plus account as well. If this isn't fixed I'm gonna be super disappointed. Anyone know if battlefield 4 allows it? I'll just google it now.
Message 6 of 14 (52,252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 14, 2013
This really sucks. It was working the other night the same as it used to. Login as guest or as a non paying member and worked fine. Today getting this stupid error code asking to sign in to psn. Sony so far I am really not impressed and I think a refund will be requested if things are not fixed this week. Nex gen really?
Message 7 of 14 (52,196 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Feb 2, 2014

Hey sorry to reply on a month old thread but I'm just curious if anyone found a solution to this issue. I found you can't login as a guest without a psn account linked to it.  You can't login to a psn account online without ps plus.

Do both users honestly need ps plus to play online?

Message 8 of 14 (50,567 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Feb 2, 2014

StPierre32 wrote:

Hey sorry to reply on a month old thread but I'm just curious if anyone found a solution to this issue. I found you can't login as a guest without a psn account linked to it.  You can't login to a psn account online without ps plus.

Do both users honestly need ps plus to play online?

No.

If I’m not a PlayStation Plus member but I log into a PS4 system owned by a PS Plus member, will I be able to play online multiplayer?

Yes. If you don’t have a PS Plus membership, you can still access online multiplayer modes if you log into a PS4 which is set as “Primary” by a PS Plus member. This means that, for example, if one housemate is a PlayStation Plus member, everyone in the household will have access to online multiplayer. Additionally, on the same PS4 system, any games or content purchased by one user are available to other users who play on that console (unless that content has expired).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/#sect8

Message 9 of 14 (50,565 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2014

Thank you. I sent my off for repair and they must have sent me an entirely new console in return. I couldn't get the guest account to work. I had to go to the website and deactivate all devices, then set my new ps4 as the primary device for my psn account. 

Message 10 of 14 (46,093 Views)