Nov 15 2012
By: mochuuu SIEA 1490 posts

Issues with Being Charged for Free Plus Content

[ Edited ]
5 replies 853 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

Hi everyone, 

As some of you have noticed, there have been instances when the new PS Store publishes that it's showing the new Plus content as free (for example Resident Evil 5, or Quantum Conundrum more recently) and it is still showing that you need to pay for it. Some Plus members have even accidentally paid for the free content. So a few notes on this: 

- If you were one of the few who were accidentally charged for this free content, I'm working with the teams on a resolution for everyone affected. You may have already contacted Customer Service, and they are likely already processing a solution for you. For those who have not contacted Customer Service and were affected, please do so and they will get you taken care of: 

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

- As we continue to iron out the tools of the new PlayStation Store, you may notice these hiccups again. If the final transaction in your Cart doesn't say $0.00 when you're checking out for your Plus free game, do not proceed with the transactioin. Usually this issue is only as the PS Store is prepping for publish, but we have seen instances where some users are getting charged beyond this timeframe.

If you were one of the small number of people that were affected by this, thank you for your patience. I'll be using this thread here to communicate updates as they come. In the meantime, if you have any concrete details to share with this, by all means, please post here as well. 

<UPDATE #1 - We are moving forward with processing refunds for anyone affected by being charged for free Plus content. You should see your credit card refunded by the end of next week, 11/30. 

Message 1 of 6 (853 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: Issues with Being Charged for Free Plus Content

Nov 15, 2012

glad my post was able to generate something positive for everyone to find ..  also thank you guys for all the hard work making the playstation network as awesome as it is.  Its hard being in customer service dealing with the never happy trolls constantly trying to find problems...of course if everyone was happy there would be nothing for any of us to do..

but as a side note you need to get some platinums on that trophy card ...

lol just kidding

Message 2 of 6 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: Issues with Being Charged for Free Plus Content

Nov 15, 2012

I noticed this with Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. It is a PSone title and I am not sure when it was given out for free via PSplus, but I had a copy on my PSPgo so I knew it was part of my collection. When I went to download it to my PS3 it showed PSN was going to charge me full price. So I logged in on my PSVita to see if the same would happen and instead it showed up as already purchased.

Message 3 of 6 (797 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

I have RE5 in my cart and it is still showing up as needi...

Nov 18, 2012

I have RE5 in my cart and it is still showing up as needing to pay for it although Quantum Conundrum is showing up as free. So I'm guessing the issue is indeed resolved?

Is there any way that my cart can be cleared so I can get my stuff?

Message 4 of 6 (736 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Re: I have RE5 in my cart and it is still showing up as needi...

Nov 19, 2012

mightyearthsage wrote:

I have RE5 in my cart and it is still showing up as needing to pay for it although Quantum Conundrum is showing up as free. So I'm guessing the issue is indeed resolved?

Is there any way that my cart can be cleared so I can get my stuff?

You should be able to highlight the item in your cart and delete it. Then you can re-add it. 

Message 5 of 6 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Re: I have RE5 in my cart and it is still showing up as needi...

Nov 24, 2012

I noticed this for Alice, it just depends what menu I looked it up from.
Was easy enough to spot and navigate my way around it.
Just be careful and pay attention until they fix it.

Message 6 of 6 (654 Views)
0 Likes