I purchased Call of Duty Ghosts on the psn store and it will download fine until it goes through installation. at 14% it goes to an ERROR 80029564. ive deleted the corrupted data and redownloaded about 12 times already, ive tried the Safe Mode options, disabled Media server and made confiurations to the network settings, even did a factory restore and reformatted the ps3 and the error keeps happening. someone pls help! thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
Did you try all of the Safe Mode options? If not, delete all of your CoD Ghosts data (Make sure no installation data is in the Game Data Utility) then go into Safe Mode and select "Restore File System" and "Rebuild Database" then re-attempt your download.
If problems persist it may be a problem with your internet. If your internet or power "flickers" whilst the download occurs it will result in a corrupted download / install. To attempt to fix this unplug / disconnect your router and modem and connect your PS3 directly into modem with an ethernet cable. After that plug in and turn your modem back on and once it's up and running attempt the download again.
If problems still persist after that I honestly wouldn't know what to tell you and I'd recommend calling Sony Support at 1-800-345-7669.
FYI I've been having issues with error 80029564 while trying to install Gran Turismo 5 updates ever since I bought the game this summer. I just gave up on the updates and signing into the PSN. But I tried again today, and finally got it to work.
I had tried 3 different hard drives (5400, 7200 and SSD). I tried ethernet and wifi. I tried manually setting the MTU speed. I tried disabled media center connections. None of these things worked. I also tried updating my Verizon FIOS router to put the PS3 in the DMZ, and interact directly with the internet. This isn't as secure, but it seems possible that the router blocks packets from time to time in false positive DDOS detections. On the first attempt with the DMZ set up, it failed.
Finally, I installed WinGate 8 free proxy server software on my desktop PC, set the port to 8080, turned on the WWW Proxy, and configured the PS3 to use that Proxy. This time, IT WORKED!
The weird thing is that the Proxy dashboard only shows a small .txt file being pulled down by the PS3, and not all the .pkg files, but they all installed without issue. Perhaps it was really the DMZ combined with a second attempt, or just a lucky coincidence, but it may be worth a shot for you to try this.
Using my mobile phone 4G with a tethering WiFi connection, I've downloaded and installed the 1.06 update normally.