Highlighted
Apr 02 2013
By: FiveMinutesAgo First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

How to use save data to another user?

4 replies 985 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

Hi,

It is impossible to use a save game from a User in another!? I could not.
So how is the "copy" [in save games] PS plus?

Follow a message: "Can not use data from another user".

Message 1 of 5 (985 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30025 posts

Re: How to use save data to another user?

Apr 2, 2013

If the game locks the save data to the PSN user that created it, which most games have since trophies were introduced, then there is no way to use that save data with a different user.  Playstation Plus online storage will not make any difference.  You can't even download save data from Playstation Plus online storage unless you are signed in as the same PSN account that uploaded it.

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (981 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Nope
Message 3 of 5 (979 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Most if not all game data is linked to the particular account which it is played on and saved and linked accordingly as such.  The only things as far as data that can transfer between users is dlc as far as I am aware. Game save data cannot be transferred.

Message 4 of 5 (975 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7210 posts

Apr 2, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Most if not all game data is linked to the particular account which it is played on and saved and linked accordingly as such.  The only things as far as data that can transfer between users is dlc as far as I am aware. Game save data cannot be transferred.

To clarify, DLC doesn't actually transfer, but it is usually accessible to other users on the same system.  It is still tied to the owner's account, and can't be used if that account isn't activated on the system.

Message 5 of 5 (969 Views)