No it's cause when you buy ps plus, they give you a cerain date you have to cancel it on, if you don't cancel it, they will charge more money into your acount to continue with you ps plus, it's kind of complicating to explain... not reeaally but yeah!
1) Make sure you are signed into you PSN account and on the XMB navigate to 'Account Management'.
2) In 'Account Management' there will be a list with a number of options, you will need to select 'Transaction Management' > 'Services List'.
3) A list will appear with all the subscriptions you currently have on the PlayStation (including BETAs, Online Games services e.g. DCUO, Video Services, and PlayStation Plus.
4) If you highlight the subscription you wish to amend, and press X on the sunscription tab next to the service.
5) You will then have the option to 'Cancel Automatic Renewal'.
Welcome to the PlayStation Community.
My 3 month trial was automatically renewed and I didn’t want it to be. I had no idea this would happen. If I logon onto my PSN account via the web it doesn’t even list anywhere that I’m subscribed or how to cancel. I only found out my searching the web that if you have your account set to ‘automatically add funds’ then Sony can come and take your money without asking you.
As already mentioned above in this very Thread auto-renew is turned on by default, it clearly said this when you first purchased the subscription.
I stupidly thought a trial was just what it said - a trial, not an ongoing subscription. I was expecting a message at the end of 3 months asking if I wanted to purchase a year sub. Why would I want another trial? I have trialed it!
I phoned Sony and was told that they never give refunds on Playstation Network. This kind of tricking of people is disgusting and has really destroyed my trust in Sony. The account page should clearly show you are subscribed, what happens at the end of the subscription and how to cancel. Sony are bunch of underhand con-artists.
No one is 'tricking' anyone, the error was your own, if you want to be angry at someone be angry at yourself, not Sony who did nothing wrong.
BRIT, I turned off my autonew in August. I hadnt been using my ps3 in a long while. I had a 3 month trial, it autorenewed in July, which I didnt find out about until I returned from a trip in august. I immediately did a check and saw it was set for autonew. I turned it off...and I just got charged again.
I just called sony this morning and they said they would submit a refund claim but the woman (who was very nice) said she didn't know if it go through that all purchases on PSN were final. Of course I didnt actually make the **bleep** purchase. I will tell you this. If it doesnt go through I am done buying anything new from Sony. I wont stop playing playstation games, but I will start buying everything used so Sony makes ZERO money off of me. I am an insanely hardcore gamer and spend 3-5K a year on gmaing (yes it's sick I know) . It's not a money issue. It's the principle. I didn't try to get a refund with the first auto renew because I acknowledged that was my fault. But I turned the **bleep** autonew off and still got charged. So in 5-7 days if my request gets denied then my PS4 perorder gets cancelled as well as all the games I had been planning to pick up for it the ps3 and vita and then this fall becomes all about the XBX1 the WiiU and my backlog. Quite frankly I am not sure that wouldn't be the better outcome.
I just redeem a code for a 30 day playstation plus trial for my playstation 4, where in the settings can I deactivate it when my trial is about to finish so I won't have to pay for renewal?
Settings>PSN>Account Information>Services list.
You can view and edit the information for Sony Entertainment Network accounts.
Select [PSNSM] > [Account Information].
The account information that can be viewed and changed varies depending on the country or region and the type of account. For details, contact customer support in your country or region.
Sign-In ID (Email Address)
You can change your email address. When you change your email address, an email will be sent to the new email address.
You can change your password. Enter a password correctly 2 times according to the following requirements.
- Not be the same as your Sign-in ID or Online ID
- Contain valid characters only
- Contain at least 8 characters
- Contain no letters or numbers used three or more times in a row (e.g. 333 or BBB)
- Include at least 2 of the following character types: letter, number, symbol
- Not contain 3 or more sequentially ordered letters or numbers (e.g. 345 or ABC)
One wallet is provided for each Sony Entertainment Network master account. You can use the wallet to purchase paid content and services in places like PlayStation®Store and Music Unlimited.
- This item is displayed to master account holders only.
- Sub accounts do not have a wallet. A sub account holder can purchase paid content and services by using the wallet of their associated master account.
- Funding methods, currency, and funding limits, for example, vary depending on the country or region of residence. Contact customer support in your country or region for details.
You can view and change the payment method and credit card information.
You can add funds to your wallet using means such as a credit card or a PSNSM Card.
You can check the purchase history for each account.
You can set whether a password will be required at the time of purchase, and whether your wallet will be funded automatically.
If you set [Fund Wallet Automatically] to [Yes], funds for your wallet will be automatically drawn from your credit card.
- Subscriptions are services that can be used for a predetermined period such as 30 or 60 days. Depending on the service, when a subscription period expires, another subscription period is automatically purchased.
- If your credit card information is saved and you purchase certain subscriptions, [Fund Wallet Automatically] is automatically set to [Yes].
- When there are insufficient funds in your wallet to purchase a subscription, either the remaining balance or the minimum charge amount (whichever is greater) will be charged to the credit card and added to your wallet.
You can view and change items like your name, profile picture and language.
You can view or cancel your subscriptions.
You can adjust settings such as those for receiving notifications.