Jan 06 2013
By: DetHkyTwn First Son 2 posts

How Often Can I Access/Downlaod Saved Game Data

3 replies 133 views Edited Jan 6, 2013
Hello All, Is there a time-limit on how often you can access saved game data? I read in an older post (2010) that you can only download it once every 24hrs. Is that still true? Here's my scenario and what I would like to know if I can do: I have two PS3 consoles, one in my living room and one in my man-cave. I play Black Ops II. Can I 1. Play in my living room, then save the game to the cloud. 2. Resume my game by playing in the man cave (same day). 3. Once wife is done watching her shows, resume playing in the living where I left off from in #2. Thank you for the help and your feedback! DetHkyTwn
Message 1 of 4 (133 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: How Often Can I Access/Downlaod Saved Game Data

Jan 7, 2013

sounds like you're talking about cloud saves. Yes there is a 24 hour wait between upload and download with that. If the save isn't copy protected you can just use a USB and upload and download as often as you like with no wait. Use triangle on the save data to see if it's copy protected.

Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Jan 7, 2013

The 24-hour wait time only applies to copy-prohibited save data; meaning saves that you can't copy to a USB flash drive (a small percentage of all save data). Saves that are not copy-prohibited can be downloaded from Playstation Plus online storage whenever you want.  You could also use a FAT32-formatted flash drive to copy save data that isn't copy-prohibited; if you are not a Plus subscriber, or not all of your PS3s are connected to the Internet all of the time.  

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Very good! Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Yes, I was asking about cloud saves. I purchsed the Plus service and am very pleased as it's allowed me to do what I was wanting to do.

Kind regards,

DetHkyTwn

Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)
0 Likes