Apr 02 2013
By: Aonious First Son 1 posts

God of War Ascension Legacy Bundle 30-day free trial of PlayStation Plus is 'not valid'

6 replies 731 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

I purchased the Legacy Bundle and a few minutes ago I tried to put in the code for the free 30 day trial of PlayStation Plus and it said that the code was incorrect or no longer valid. I checked the card and it said 'valid until 3/31/2014' so I tried putting it in about 2 more times, then I got on my computer and tried entering it in on the site and got the same response. I would like some sort of resolution to this. How was it used or how is it invalid?

Message 1 of 7 (731 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29493 posts

Re: God of War Ascension Legacy Bundle 30-day free trial of PlayStation Plus is 'not valid'

Apr 2, 2013

We can't help you there.  You need to contact Playstation customer support by phone (800-345-SONY), or live chat, during business hours.  One possible explanation would be that the region for the game disk does not match the region of your PSN account, based on the country that you created the account for.  That would prevent the code from working. It could also be a temporary problem with PSN. Other than that, it should work if it has not expired.

GKP
Message 2 of 7 (717 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: God of War Ascension Legacy Bundle 30-day free trial of PlayStation Plus is 'not valid'

Apr 12, 2013

I just got my GoW bundle today and am having the same problem.  Really not happy.  Wanted to get Demon's Souls so bad.

Interesting to see this is more common than i thought

Message 3 of 7 (648 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I just got the GoW bundle yesterday myself, and so far every code that's come with it as worked, except for the PSN trial code. I called Playstation Customer Support and talked to someone about it. I was told that the PSN is still undergoing some maintenance, and that I should try again a bit later.

From the sound of it, they can't access whatever system that would allow them to verify the code, so that may have something to do with not being able to redeem it.

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow and try again. Glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue though.

Message 4 of 7 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Apr 18, 2013
as far as i can tell they are having major issues with the codes. Seems they can expire any time during the final day. Psn support has been no help at all, need to find info in the higher ups and send in a formal written complaint
Message 5 of 7 (585 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29493 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I don't think you will get much traction there.  The offer had an expiration date, but not an expiration time.  You may have assumed that it was 11:59:59PM your local time on the expiration date, but it doesn't actually say that. Waiting until the last day to redeem any offer always has its risks.

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 24, 2013

having the exact same problem with my code. also wanted to get demon souls. better be fixed within a week. also, thanks for saving me the hassle of contacting customer support.

Message 7 of 7 (556 Views)
0 Likes