Jan 06 2014
By: Snipe_Maste_r891 First Son 2 posts

Gamestop just charged my credit card for ps4 bundle

4 replies 623 views Edited Jan 6, 2014

I upgraded to PS3 Plus with a free trial by entering the code which was accepted. I then went to downtload the free Grid 2 game. 

While it said the game was free a charge of $59.95 was made to my credit card then transferred to my wallet. I've checked my credit card balance and it's not showing a charge but then I have'nt downloaded the game yet. Has anyone else run into this? Will they process the billing to my card once I download the game?

Message 1 of 5 (623 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6918 posts

Re: Gamestop just charged my credit card for ps4 bundle

Jan 6, 2014

Snipe_Maste_r891 wrote:

I upgraded to PS3 Plus with a free trial by entering the code which was accepted. I then went to downtload the free Grid 2 game. 

While it said the game was free a charge of $59.95 was made to my credit card then transferred to my wallet. I've checked my credit card balance and it's not showing a charge but then I have'nt downloaded the game yet. Has anyone else run into this? Will they process the billing to my card once I download the game?

I'm not sure I understand the issue as you explained it.  GameStop accounts are not PSN accounts.  If you're buying it from GameStop, then it will charge you because PS+ does not apply to Gamestop purchases.  If you are buying from the PS Store, Gamestop has nothing to do with that purchase.  Any charges apply when purchased, before you download anything.  Also, GRID 2 is not a PS4 game.  

If you were charged for a PSN purchase that should have been free, you should contact Sony support using the link at the bottom of the page.

Message 2 of 5 (608 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 6, 2014

And I don't understand either.  I don't know how gamestop got into my message. I have not heard of gamestop prior to my message being posted. All transactions were throught the PS+ site. Also I do not have a PS4. Mine is the PS3. Didnt' type that either. I did however view a post which mentioned the PS4. Strange. However thank you for the direction. I'll contact Sony support as per your suggestion. But  if I may ask the question again. Is it procedure to show a charge even though it's not been applied to my card? And if not will the charge be processed when rather if I complete the download?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (603 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6918 posts

Jan 6, 2014

Free games will not show up as a charge, they will be $0.  There have been errors, but in any case GRID 2 is $59.99 not $59.95, even without PS+ (unless you are using another currency/another region, which could be the problem).  Charges always apply before the download.

Message 4 of 5 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28819 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Your credit card is charged as soon as funds are added to the wallet.  Not when you purchase something, which could use funds that are already in the wallet; and certainly not when you download it.  You pay for the content when it is added to your downloads list.  Whether or not you ever download it is entirely your business. 

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (575 Views)
0 Likes