Jun 26 2013
By: StormRaging Splicer 49 posts

Game Auto Update

[ Edited ]
3 replies 130 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

Each day when I turn on my PS3 whether I had a game update or not, I have several files shown that give me an error upon attempting to install them.  The image of the file is a grayish looking folder with an image of a folder in it.  I had 3 different ones this morning but the only 2 I remember are Little Big Planet 2 and Wipeout HD.  It seems to be a leftover file that is not deleting.  When I attempt to install it, the progress hits 100% and then I get an error message. I don't currently remember the error number but I do remember when I looked it up that it didn't really pertain to what I was doing.  I will update the post with the error number once I get these files showing again.  This didn't start happening until I turned on PS+ Auto Update.  I am also seeing said blank files even if I don't get a pop up stating that games were updated.  The first day it was different files but the last few days it has been the same 3 files.  I have currently turned off game auto update to verify if the files come back so that way I can see if that is definitely what is causing it.  If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening in the meantime I would love to hear them.  Otherwise I will update the posting as to whether it happened or not with auto update turned off and then I will update with the error code I get when trying to install the content.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Edit:  Turning off game patches stopped the files from showing.  I turned it back on and will see what happens tomorrow.

Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Game Auto Update

Jun 26, 2013

Try Safe Mode option 3. This should get rid of any corrupted files. Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video.

Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jun 26, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

Try Safe Mode option 3. This should get rid of any corrupted files. Click the words Safe Mode for a link and follow the video.

Will I lose anything?

Message 3 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 27, 2013

StormRaging wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Will I lose anything?

Read the link. It describes what each option does. Typically with 3 you don't lose anything unless it's corrupted. So if a svae is corrupted and can't be repaired it'll go but iyou won't lose everything on the drive if that's what you're worried about. That's option 5 and is a last resort.

Message 4 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes