Apr 06 2013
By: E-R-K-A-I First Son 2 posts

Free 30days PS Plus Error

4 replies 346 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

Ive been trying to redeem my 30 Day PS Plus code from the GOW Legacy bundled PS3 i bought earlier, I've tried it on my Region 1 and Region 3 accounts and still cannot redeem it, I want to ask what to do now cause this is going to be a big hassle on my part cause i live in the philippines and i can't return the whole game and box unless the retailer or Sony replaces my codes. But any help would be helpful. THANKS.

Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Free 30days PS Plus Error

Apr 6, 2013
check the expiry date on the voucher. A lot of them seemed to have been March 31/2013
Message 2 of 5 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 8, 2013

my codes dont work either and the EXP date says 3/31/2014 but it says i either put it in wrong or its invalid and i purchased the God of War Ascension legacy bundle

Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Its expiration date is on 3/31/2014 i even input my credit card (It's required says on the paper), and still doesnt work. Kinda messed up seriously.

Message 4 of 5 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28819 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I'm not clear on what you did.  What region is your PS3 from?  The code from a PS3 that was originally distributed in region 1 isn't valid with a region 3 account, and the reverse is true also.  Only a PS3 that was intended for sale in a region 1 country has a code that will work in a region 1 Playstation Store, and the same goes for region 3.  What country is the billing address for this card in?  A US or Canadian PSN account won't accept a credit card from the Philippines, so how did you register a credit card with your region 1 account?  Do you have credit cards with billing addresses in both North America and the Philippines?  

You can forget about getting the code replaced.  The retailer can't replace the code, and Sony won't replace the code because there is no reason why the code should be replaced from Sony's perspective.  Sony creates different regional versions of the PS3 for a reason.  There is nothing that Sony can do to stop you from buying a PS3 in one country, and taking it to another country, but Sony has no reason or obligation to make it convenient to do so. In general, when you import Playstation products, using Playstation Store content with them, including bundled DLC and subscriptions, requires significant extra effort. You expect it to work out of the box.  It was never intended to. The box was never intended to be in the Philippines.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)
0 Likes