Mar 30 2013
By: Dungeonkills First Son 3 posts

Few complicated PS+ questions....

2 replies 285 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

So I've been a subscriber for about 10-11 months now, and before my subscription needs to be renewed I have to ask: Can I buy another year subscription right now and stack the subscription time onto my current one?

I have a few siblings who use my games and I don't necessarily go on my PS3 all the time with life keeping me busy and all, so I want to make sure that my subscription goes on without having to be harrassed at some point that my games are no longer accessible. I haven't had the time to test out this theory yet, but if someone knows the answer to this I'd greatly appreciate it.

As you may have noticed in the title I mentioned that I had more than one problem. This is one that has been bothering me for quite a while because I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have 2 PS3s at my house and one at my girlfriend's place. My account is active on both home PS3s, but I want to be able to download my games at my gf's place too.  Obviously, as mentioned in the PS Store, I need to deactivate an account, but I really don't know what they want me to do specifically. I'm guessing I have to erase my player profile from one of my PS3s, but I don't want to take any agonizingly long steps to backup all my game files and so on with the risk that it was all unnecessary. Please give me a walkthrough on how to *deactivate* one of my accounts at home please, I don't really care what I'll lose or have to backup as long as I can get the **bleep** thing transfered to her.

Thanks for all of you who can help me with one or both of my dilemmas. Hope to hear good feedback!

-Dungeon

Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42980 posts

Re: Few complicated PS+ questions....

Mar 30, 2013

Dungeonkills wrote:

So I've been a subscriber for about 10-11 months now, and before my subscription needs to be renewed I have to ask: Can I buy another year subscription right now and stack the subscription time onto my current one?

Yes, if you want to feel free to renew at any time, the new subscrition will stack on top of the current one.

I have a few siblings who use my games and I don't necessarily go on my PS3 all the time with life keeping me busy and all, so I want to make sure that my subscription goes on without having to be harrassed at some point that my games are no longer accessible. I haven't had the time to test out this theory yet, but if someone knows the answer to this I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm not really sure what it is you're asking here, there's no question!

Just keep your subscription active & your games will be available.

As you may have noticed in the title I mentioned that I had more than one problem. This is one that has been bothering me for quite a while because I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have 2 PS3s at my house and one at my girlfriend's place. My account is active on both home PS3s, but I want to be able to download my games at my gf's place too.  Obviously, as mentioned in the PS Store, I need to deactivate an account, but I really don't know what they want me to do specifically. I'm guessing I have to erase my player profile from one of my PS3s, but I don't want to take any agonizingly long steps to backup all my game files and so on with the risk that it was all unnecessary. Please give me a walkthrough on how to *deactivate* one of my accounts at home please, I don't really care what I'll lose or have to backup as long as I can get the **bleep** thing transfered to her.

You can learn how to deactivte your account using the following link:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-a-system-on...

Thanks for all of you who can help me with one or both of my dilemmas. Hope to hear good feedback!

You're welcome.

-Dungeon

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (276 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
33256 posts

Re: Few complicated PS+ questions....

Mar 30, 2013

All content that is downloaded free by Playstation Plus subscribers will expire at the end of the Plus subscription that was active at the time that game or add-on was downloaded.  Buying another subscription will extend the expiration date of your Plus membership, but it will not change the expiration date of any content that was already downloaded and installed.  When the content expires, the license will be renewed automatically if you are still a Plus subscriber; but only if it is being played by your login profile while it is signed-in to PSN.  If other user's on the PS3 try to run the game after it expires before you do, they will be told that the content has expired.  The only ways to avoid this is to delete the content, and then download it again, any time after you extend your subscription; or run each item right after it expires (before anyone else does); or click the Download button in your Downloads List for each item after it has expired, which will download a new license file (but not the content again).

You can only have your PSN account activated on two PS3s at a time.  If you want to install your Playstation Store purchases on both of your home PS3s, then you can't install any of it on your girlfriend's PS3.  If you install your content on your girlfriend's PS3, then you can only have the content installed on one of your home PS3s.  The choice should be easy, as you are not actually permitted to install anything that you purchase on your girlfriend's PS3 anyway.  Playstation Store content is licensed for use only on PS3s owned by the purchaser, or the minor children of the purchaser.  Not parents, siblings, other relatives, friends, or anyone else.  If you want to share Playstation Store content with your girlfriend legally, you will have to marry her.  Then her PS3 would be considered to be yours also. It's probably not worth the trouble and expense.  

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)
0 Likes