Jan 03 2013
By: Stevee_Ghoul First Son 22 posts

Downloading Playstation Plus Content

3 replies 161 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

Hi,

I have 1 PS3 (2 Users/2 PSN Accounts set-up), 2 PS VITAS,  2 PlayStation Plus Accounts. Is there a way I can just download the PlayStation Plus content once and just transfer it to each Vita under each user? 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30077 posts

Re: Downloading Playstation Plus Content

Jan 4, 2013

Yes.  Of course, the content would have to have been purchased twice, once by each PSN account, in order for the content to be transferred at all to two Vitas that are not using the same PSN account. Both accounts would have to have their own Plus subscriptions, and both would have to have purchased the content (for free) in the Playstation Store separately.  If only one of the accounts has a Plus subscription, then the Plus content can only be transferred to the Vita that is using that same account. Assuming that both PSN accounts had purchased the content, then you would not have to download it twice.  You would just sign-in to the PS3 under the matching PSN account before starting the Content Manager on each Vita.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 4, 2013

The reason I ask is  because before I set up a second user/PSN/PS + account my Vita content would delete on the PS3 once I transferred it over to my Vta. I understand thh content needs to be purchased under each account but how do you do that without having to download it twice?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
30077 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I had not noticed that the Vita content is deleted after it is transferred.  I only have one Vita,  That behavior won't change if you have more than one PSN account on the PS3, so you would have to download it once for each Vita. Only for actual Vita games.  Other Vita-compatible content; including PSP games, PS1 Classics, and PS Minis, would only have to be downloaded once.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes