Jan 08 2014
By: Hunter7725 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Don't Starve won't play.

[ Edited ]
4 replies 180 views Edited Jan 8, 2014

I got Don't Starve on through the Sony entertainment website when it hit as being free for plus members.  I go through the checkout process and click on the confirm button about it being free only while I have PS+.  I get home and the Game is in my library and i Download it my system.  When it's done downloading I go to play it and it tell me "Cannot start application.  This application can be started only by the user who has a license for it."  Thats me its my PS+ account and i'm signed in.  What can I do so I can play this game.  I have already deleted it and re-downloaded and re-installed.

TL : DR  I got the game on Sony's site, downloaded it, and it doesn't think I am the license holder

Message 1 of 5 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Don't Starve won't play.

Jan 8, 2014

I have the same problem and I was charged the full price even though I have PS+.  I haven't been able to get in touch with Sony support to see if i can get refunded.

Message 2 of 5 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2014

My Credit Card has also been charged the full price for the game even though I am a plus memeber.

Message 3 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2014

To get the game to work try going to settings>PSN>Restore Licenses.  It worked for me.  Still haven't gotten a refund.

Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2014
That worked! Thanks so much, good luck on getting your refund.
Message 5 of 5 (161 Views)
0 Likes