Apr 05 2013
By: ItrusGuild First Son 2 posts

Do I have to cancel my 3 month auto-matic renewel if I wish to upgrade to a 1 year sub?

3 replies 280 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

Do I have to cancel my 3 month PS Plus auto-matic renewel if  I wish to upgrade to a 1 year sub?

Message 1 of 4 (280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28740 posts

Re: Do I have to cancel my 3 month auto-matic renewel if I wish to upgrade to a 1 year sub?

Apr 6, 2013

I don't know what you mean by upgrading.  The Plus subscription won't renew unless it is expiring.  If you purchase a one year subscription now, then it will be added on to your current subscription; and your subscription won't expire for over a year.  When it does, the automatic renewal will be for one year.  Not three months.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10903 posts

Re: Do I have to cancel my 3 month auto-matic renewel if I wish to upgrade to a 1 year sub?

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

I don't know what you mean by upgrading.  The Plus subscription won't renew unless it is expiring.  If you purchase a one year subscription now, then it will be added on to your current subscription; and your subscription won't expire for over a year.  When it does, the automatic renewal will be for one year.  Not three months.

This is correct.  The auto-renewal renews at the term you last renewed at.  If you purchase a year now, it will automatically stack with whatever term is left on your 3 month sub and then the auto-renewal at the end of the year you purchased will add another year.

If you have a month left, and you purchase a year, the auto-renewal will kick in May 2014 and extend your sub until May 2015.  There is no reason to turn off auto-renewal unless you want your sub to end at the end of the current term.

Message 3 of 4 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Apr 8, 2013

ok everyone thanks for the info

Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)
0 Likes