Mar 06 2013
By: TheNextHendrix Fender Bender 3086 posts

Disappointed by Sony support

[ Edited ]
2 replies 194 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

I’m pretty upset now, I bought a PS+ subscription using my PS Vita a few hours ago. When I bought it, I tapped on the advertisement stating “Buy 1 Year, get 3 Months” because I saw the comment on this article saying that you should be able to buy it until the store updates, so I bought it as well as a 32gb card from the Best Buy deal, but when I looked at my subscription I only got 1 year. So after being on the phone with Sony for an hour, they still won’t give me the three months and say that because the blog states it ends on 3/4, they won’t give it to me. It doesn’t say that anywhere on my Vita and they claim I should have looked at the blog first. This is pathetic Sony, I bought a Vita day one, a PS3 a month after release, and now I get this BS. A company with good customer service would have upheld their advertising claims, especially when I am buying a subscription based service which I would likely be renewing. Instead of simply giving me the three months, they decided they would rather issue a refund to me. After having my PS3 get the YLOD and then buying a Vita that has taken a year to get up to speed in terms of software support, I figured Sony could only go up from here. I have had a PS1 since I was four and bought a PS2 within months after release, not to mention multiple PSPs, so I have continued supporting Sony because I've been a customer for so long, but they might not be a good enough reason anymore.  Really disappointing. #130305-009353.jpg

Photobucket
Message 1 of 3 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41834 posts

Re: Disappointed by Sony support

Mar 6, 2013

Is this the comment you're referring to in your OP?

+ Morgan Haro on March 4th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

You should be able to access this promotion, as long as you do it before the PS Store Updates tomorrow. We state 3/4 to ensure that people don’t plan to do it on 3/5 after the PS Store Updates, but you should still have some time after the maintenance to get on this.

It does state that the purchase should be made before the Store updates, & that people 'should' be able to access the promotion.

The store does start updating much earlier & before you see the full store update on your screen, on the actual store too it would have shown the buy 12 get 3 free, do you recall seeing that?

I can only assume you were too late for this, it is unlikely you will get your 3 months you think you deserve & you'll probably now regret leaving it till the last minute to subscribe.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3086 posts

Re: Disappointed by Sony support

Mar 6, 2013

Right, it's obvious that they don't have to give it to me and I see why they denied me. The fact is that it's poor customer service knowing all of the factors I listed.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 3 (181 Views)
0 Likes