May 21 2013
By: Screamwriter Splicer 61 posts

Didn't get Playstation Plus Sony Visa card

2 replies 1160 views Edited May 21, 2013

I signed up for a Sony Visa card and at the time two promotions were offered.  After you made the first purchase you would get a $50 credit and you would also receive a year of Playstation Plus for free.  I got the card through the mail after a few weeks, made my first purchase and received the $50 credit from the rewards site.  I waited and never received the year of Playstation Plus, nor is it listed to obtain for a voucher/code on the site.

I just contacted Sony support and I was told they don't handle the promotions and to contact Capital One instead.  I contacted Capital One and they told me that the rewards are offered by Sony from their rewards site.  Really feeling like I'm getting the runaround here. 

Any suggestions.  I'm thinking of just cutting up the card.  Not worth the hassle if I have an issue with the rewards points again.

Message 1 of 3 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29381 posts

Re: Didn't get Playstation Plus Sony Visa card

May 21, 2013

This isn't really a Playstation Plus question, but o.k.  The answer that you received from Capital One is correct.  The free one-year subscription to Playstation Plus is provided by the Sony Rewards program, so you will have to talk to them if you did not receive it.  Capital One doesn't have any Plus subscription codes, and it isn't the bank's job to get you one.  Playstation customer support has nothing to do with the card, or the rewards program. You can contact the rewards program support staff here... http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/contact/

Unlike the $50 PSN card, which is a standard Sony reward that you get for the 5,000 bonus rewards points that you get with your first purchase, the free year of Playstation Plus is just a regular reward item that you can purchase with points.  You get the $50 PSN card by auto-redeeming your 5,000 bonus points. It isn't clear how you get the free Plus subscription.  You will need to contact the rewards program to get the details on that.  Did you try selecting the Plus subscription on the Sony Rewards site? You have to have opened your account after the Playstation Plus subscription bonus reward offer went into effect.  Previously opened accounts don't qualify.

The point of having the Playstation Card is to earn more Sony rewards points on Playstation product purchases, than you would earn if you just had a Sony card.  There is no other reason to have one, as opposed to a regular Capital One Visa card.  It isn't supposed to be about getting a free year of Playstation Plus.  That is just a bonus, and it isn't even mentioned on the main Playstation card site. If you aren't that enthusiastic about the Sony rewards program, then there is no reason for you to have or use the card, and no one will particularly care if you cut it up.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
61 posts

Re: Didn't get Playstation Plus Sony Visa card

May 21, 2013

I have been using the card for Sony rewards points for purchases.  It isn't about getting free promotions, but since they did offer them, it should be something that are given.  It's just the principle.  If something is offered, that promotion should be given without having to jump through hoops to get it.  Yes, I already tried the site, etc.  I also run my own business, so promising the customer something and not following through with it may only concern me on principle, but just comes off as bad customer service.  

Message 3 of 3 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes