Feb 10 2013
By: Chriss0906 First Son 5 posts

Credit card info Not valid. Redeem PSN PLUS CODE.

4 replies 1697 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

Ok . so i just bought a brand new super slim PS3. and it comes with a Plus membership.

the problem is that when i try to redeem the code. it ask me for my credit card. so i proceed to enter all the details and it FAILS! it says credit card info not valid

I have to say i am not from the US neither EU. im from south america BOLIVIA. so when i created my PSN US account i putted a REAL address a real city a real postal code and everything. but i cant put my card address code because IM FROM BOLIVIA! and my PSN is from US so what should i do?

this is just terrible. i tried everything. tripple checked the code and the info. everything is fine but i just cant do anything. i also checked the forums and alot have this problem. but alot of people are from EU. But im from SOUTH AMERICA. 

Please i really need your help.

Message 1 of 5 (1,697 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
32557 posts

Re: Credit card info Not valid. Redeem PSN PLUS CODE.

Feb 11, 2013

The Playstation Network only accepts credit cards if the billing address of the card matches the address that you registered with your Playstation Network account, including the country.  The address that you entered for your account doesn't match your credit card billing address, so PSN will always reject it. If you are a legal resident of Bolivia, then you are only allowed to use the Playstation Network for Bolivia.  If there is no Playstation Network offered in Bolivia, then you are not allowed to use the Playstation Network at all.  Sony can't tell what country you are a legal resident of, so it restricts the use of credit cards in order to discourage people from using the Playstation Store in countries that they do not reside in.  This is done for legal reasons.

All free trial offers on PSN require that you enter valid billing information.  That includes the free Plus subscriptions that come with some console bundles. If you don't have a credit card that PSN will accept, then you can't redeem the free Plus subscription code.

GKP
Message 3 of 5 (1,670 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 13, 2013

oh men such a shame. i will have to buy the PSN cards then. and get me a year of PSplus. that always work for me.

**bleep** i hate this **bleep** country. lol. i really need to go the states again =). thanks anyways. you can close the thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,638 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013
Message 5 of 5 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes