Highlighted
Feb 04 2014
By: Awawdeh87 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Couldn't register region Jordan so put Israel the closest can't have playstore+

3 replies 783 views Edited Feb 4, 2014

I am having an issue as when I first registered a new account for me, it asked for my region, which is Jordan. Jordan is a country in middle east And it is not included in the list of countries, so I listed the closet country listed which is Israel, we have the same time zone as well. And everything was going well. Although when I open the play store it shows me the prices in ILS, Israeli currency, its not a problem but annoying. but the problem began when I wanted to purchase playstore + for 12 month subscription in order to buy games And play online, I entered a master card number And every details for it, but in the next page it asks for a street address And city And zip code And postal code, but the main issue is the entered region " Israel ", so from here my problem starts as it gives me an error that the details of my master card is not correct, And it keeps giving me that error massage And returning to the first page to enter the details again. I could make a new account to change the region, but what is the point doing so if my country Jordan is not listed at all, And couldn't change it at all.

please any do have an idea how can I list my country in order to be able to access my wallet And purchase normally like any other person!!

many thanks for you time reading this !!

Message 1 of 4 (783 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7414 posts

Re: Couldn't register region Jordan so put Israel the closest can't have playstore+

Feb 4, 2014

If your country is not available, you will only be able to make PSN purchases for another country.  You can use a credit card with a valid address in that country or purchase PSN cards (probably the easiest method) for that region.  You cannot change the country associated with an account.  Sony does not have a store in every country for various reasons, including legal/copyright issues.

Message 2 of 4 (776 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Couldn't register region Jordan so put Israel the closest can't have playstore+

Feb 4, 2014

can you buy these cards from the website of playstation or should be from stores as scratch cards ?

if from a third party, which websites do you recommend as a trustworthy one? and does the region of the country regestered in sony affect it ??

Message 3 of 4 (774 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7414 posts

Feb 4, 2014

Awawdeh87 wrote:

can you buy these cards from the website of playstation or should be from stores as scratch cards ?

if from a third party, which websites do you recommend as a trustworthy one? and does the region of the country regestered in sony affect it ??

They are not likely to be available from Sony's website (they aren't in the US), but other websites should have them.  I can't recommend any as I've never done it, but you'd probably have better luck asking in the EU forums where people buy cards for other countries (since Israel is considered as part of the EU region, not NA or Asia).

http://uk.playstation.com/country-selector/

You wouldn't necessarily have to buy Israel's cards, if you're willing to make a new account.  But the region of the card and your account must match.

Message 4 of 4 (771 Views)
0 Likes