Dec 28 2012
By: DLegendary0ne First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

Couldn't purchase Catherine for the PS+ sale price while I had the full game trial

4 replies 768 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

I'm a PS+ subscriber and I love the service.  A few weeks ago, I downloaded the full game trial of Catherine along with several others.  Before I got around to playing it, I noticed the game was on sale in the PS store, but when I selected it, it said I'd already purchased it, nor could I see a price. 

So I finally got around to playing the game, and I really liked it, but once the full game trial was over, I went to the PS Store and it was no longer on sale. 

I definitely wanted to buy the game at 19.60 (PS+ sale price), but now the sale is over and I have to pay the full 39.99.  This to me is unfair, because while I had the trial, I couldn't purchase the full game.  Is there anything that can be done to help me?  I don't want to have to pay full price when I wasn't even allowed to see the sale price or purchase it in the PS store while it was on sale. 

Message 1 of 5 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Re: Couldn't purchase Catherine for the PS+ sale price while I had the full game trial

Dec 28, 2012

You may be in luck. PlayStation Plus isn't the only way to grab Catherine for $20 bucks. Amazon.com has the game posted at the same price:

http://www.amazon.com/Catherine-Playstation-3/dp/B004P7VGF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356669014&sr=8-1...

If you don't mind buying the game in physical form, that's one way to go. What I don't understand though is why the sale price isn't showing up for you... or it is. You say you've noticed there was a sale, yet the PlayStation Store wasn't reflecting a sale price? And if you had played the trial in a timely manner, the game could have still been on sale within the week you were given to play the trial. There was a demo given out last year you could have downloaded to get a peek at what to expect. Just saying. Smiley Wink

If the PlayStation Store isn't working correctly, however, you should get in touch with Sony's support center so they can guide you on what might not be working on their end or on yours.

Message 2 of 5 (760 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31526 posts

Re: Couldn't purchase Catherine for the PS+ sale price while I had the full game trial

Dec 28, 2012

You could have purchased the game at the sale price if you had started the trial, instead of just downloading it.  You are blocked from purchasing the game while the trial is installed, but only until it expires. The trial is only for an hour, and you don't even have to actually play for an hour.  Once you start the trial, it expires in 60 minutes even if you quit the game after two minutes.   Nothing can be done about it now.  The sale is over.  But at least you will know for next time. If the game was sold for $20 then, it probably will be again; especially as the physical copy is often available online at that price.

GKP
Message 3 of 5 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Catherines amazing. everything is explained to you about the trial before buying when you downloaded it. its stated on every ps plus full game trial that you can purchase AFTER trial. its the full game you DL so you have to play the trial first then you can buy it.

you can get it off amazon. its been on sale twice for 19 bucks already, sales dont last forever and sony wont honor the sale.

Equality for all
Message 4 of 5 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I actually got  in touch with Sony before posting here.  Their customer service has no authority to handle this type of issue.  They did file my ticket as a complaint though.  

I also see now they do warn you that the game trial has to be complete before purchase can be made.  I don't remember this from before, but it's there now. 

I'll wait until the next time it goes on sale.  I already have plenty of games to play anyway.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Message 5 of 5 (737 Views)
0 Likes