Sep 04 2013
By: Shadowraythe First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Charged wallet money for a PS+ FREE product??

5 replies 186 views Edited Sep 4, 2013

Why was I charged for  RESIDENT EVIL®: CHRONICLES HD COLLECTION (Bundle) yesterday... when it's supposed to be free for PS+ subscribers, like myself??

I have NOT downloaded the game, because I want a refund first/

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your PlayStation®Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

Online ID: Shadowraythe
Order Number: XXXXX98448

Date Purchased
Total
09/03/2013 @ 07:48 PM
$26.99

Message 1 of 6 (186 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7210 posts

Re: Charged wallet money for a PS+ FREE product??

Sep 4, 2013

It looks like you got it after the store update, so it wasn't that it hadn't been changed to free yet.  Are you sure you are currently subscribed to PS+?  I would guess there was an error in the transaction, which has happened with a few other games; I didn't get these since I owned them already, but maybe others had the same issue.  Contact support (contact links at the bottom of the page) for help.

Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Yup, I'm sure I have PS+. It renewed last week (got the email receipt).

I'll try an alternative contact. Thanks.
Message 3 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30025 posts

Sep 4, 2013

You should contact customer support by phone or live chat, but legally speaking you are obligated to pay the price that is in your shopping cart when you confirmed the purchase; regardless of whether it was the correct price or not.  If the content was supposed to be free, but it isn't listed as free in your cart, then you shouldn't confirm the purchase until the price is correct.  If you didn't look at the price, and just assumed that it was free, then that is still your responsibility.  Sony might give you a credit, but it certainly does not have to.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (157 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Thanks for the info. I did not know that was the policy or I would NOT have confirmed the purchase.

I just assumed it was a cart error and would not have charged my wallet after confirming.  

Message 5 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
10149 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Shadowraythe wrote:

Thanks for the info. I did not know that was the policy or I would NOT have confirmed the purchase.

I just assumed it was a cart error and would not have charged my wallet after confirming.  

Ya, you should not make assumptions like that, you say you saw the price wasn`t correct but you checked out anyway. As soon as you saw the price was not updated and you have PS+ you should of canceled out of checkout and see what the problem was. Well, at least you know if it ever happens again.

Message 6 of 6 (139 Views)