Feb 08 2013
By: RyuKisargi First Son 1 posts

Charged for PSN+ after putting in a 3-month card.

1 replies 284 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

I buy my cards every 3 months, and yesterday my PSN+ was due. So when I got home from work, around 9 PM EST, I put in my card on the Store, and got my 3 months.

Then this morning, I look up my PSN account to see that I was charged for 3 months from my wallet, (( I had added funds to buy the new Skyrim DLC and Terraria. )) as well as showing where I put in my pre-paid card. I have my wallet set up to not automatically add funds to renew subscriptions. I guess now this doesn't include TAKING OUT WALLET FUNDS AUTOMATICALLY DSFFFFGG.

I am extremely irrated, as I was going to take advantage of the PSN sale by popping $10 into my wallet.

Is there a way I can email Sony CS to rectify this, or am I stuck calling them and talking to someone from India?

Message 1 of 2 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
31560 posts

Re: Charged for PSN+ after putting in a 3-month card.

Feb 9, 2013

RyuKisargi wrote:

I have my wallet set up to not automatically add funds to renew subscriptions. I guess now this doesn't include TAKING OUT WALLET FUNDS AUTOMATICALLY DSFFFFGG.

That is correct.  That wallet option only controls whether automatic funding will be used when a subscription expires, and there aren't enough funds in the wallet to renew it.  If you haven't canceled the subscription before it ends, and there are enough funds in your wallet to pay for a renewal, then the subscription will be renewed automatically.  If you don't want your wallet funds to be used to renew your Playstation Plus subscription, then you need to cancel the subscription before it ends.  All that canceling does is to prevent the subscription from renewing automatically with wallet funds.  It doesn't cut your subscription benefits short, as there are no refunds of subscription fees.

As you redeemed a 3 month Plus card also, the subscriptions stacked and you are now a subscriber for the next six months.  Nothing was lost.  You just prepaid for the next quarter. Sony won't do anything about it, as a result. HD gaming is an expensive hobby.  Sony assumes that $10 isn't a big deal for its customers.

GKP
Message 2 of 2 (266 Views)
0 Likes