Feb 17 2013
By: GreenTeaManiac First Son 4 posts

Can't access to PSN Plus content even though I am still subscribed.

5 replies 331 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

As the title says, I am still subscribed to playstaion plus since december 4th of 2012. My subscription doesn't end until the 6th of March 2013. However, I am still unable to access the playstion plus content. I checked my subscription and still says until March, but playstion still says I still need to subscribe to them. I went to the online store on my computer to see if I have access but it will still not let me into the psn+ store. I still have access to the free PSN+ games that are in my download list and still able to use the online storage. Every other playstion plus feature is out of reach and I am running out of options. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Re: Can't access to PSN Plus content even though I am still subscribed.

Feb 17, 2013
If you subscribed on the 4th of December for 3 months, then your subscription expired. December, January, and February; that's 3 months.

SELF CHECK: If you don't have the plus symbol next to your profile on your PS3, then you are no longer subscribed.

You said that your subscription doesn't end until the 6th of March, but you have been a subscriber since December 4th. There is no 4 month subscription. Only 3 months and 1 year subscription.
Message 2 of 6 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

I still have the playstation plus icon hanging next to my avatar. Even the online store still has it. I checked when my subscription has ended and it still says march 6th. I still have access to my online storage too.

Message 3 of 6 (321 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21795 posts

Feb 18, 2013

You don't even need to be a Plus subscriber to access the Playstation Plus section of the Playstation Store. At least you don't in the USA. You only need to be a Plus subscriber to purchase content at the Playstation Plus section of the Playstation Store. , or purchase it at all if it is a Plus exclusive.  I assume that what you mean by "will still not let me into the psn+ store" is that it won't let you purchase content in that section, otherwise I don't know what you are talking about. If the Playstation Store isn't recognizing your subscription, then there is nothing that anyone in the forum can do about that.  You need to call Playstation customer support at 800-345-SONY.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (295 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51454 posts

Feb 18, 2013

GreenTeaManiac wrote:

As the title says, I am still subscribed to playstaion plus since december 4th of 2012. My subscription doesn't end until the 6th of March 2013. However, I am still unable to access the playstion plus content. I checked my subscription and still says until March, but playstion still says I still need to subscribe to them. I went to the online store on my computer to see if I have access but it will still not let me into the psn+ store. I still have access to the free PSN+ games that are in my download list and still able to use the online storage. Every other playstion plus feature is out of reach and I am running out of options. Any help would be appreciated.

are you on the main or sub account for this system?

Message 5 of 6 (289 Views)
MVP Support
21795 posts

Feb 19, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

are you on the main or sub account for this system?

He's asking because PSN sub-accounts are not eligible to subscribe to Plus now, but they were back when Plus launched.  Some sub-accounts may still have active subscriptions to Plus, but their access to Plus benefits may be declining, and they can't renew their subscriptions.  If you are using a sub-account, then make sure to retrieve any save data from online storage before your subscription expires.  You won't be able to access it after that.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (276 Views)