Jul 15 2013
By: JASONxxVOORHEES Last Guardian 9938 posts

Can Ps3 and Ps4 share Ps+ account?

6 replies 285 views Edited Jul 15, 2013
So I guess you can have two accounts on the same PS3 using just one PS+ account. (gf and me)
So can I have her account on PS3 and my account on PS4 with the PS+ and her account still able to play my PS + downloads?

Is this not a possibility or is it an unknown?

Message 1 of 7 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: Can Ps3 and Ps4 share Ps+ account?

Jul 15, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
So I guess you can have two accounts on the same PS3 using just one PS+ account. (gf and me)
So can I have her account on PS3 and my account on PS4 with the PS+ and her account still able to play my PS + downloads?

Is this not a possibility or is it an unknown?

Yes I believe you will both download them from the store. You won't share the download yall will have your own.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 7 (281 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Yes. Shuhei Yoshida has outright confirmed only ONE PS+ subscription per console is needed, and thereafter all other accounts on that same console get all the same benefits.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 7 (280 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
5786 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Moved from Playstation General
Message 4 of 7 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9938 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Super awesome, kudos guys!
Message 5 of 7 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
Super awesome, kudos guys!

No problem always glad to help! 

If you have any other questions feel free to give me a PM or post another thread. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 6 of 7 (238 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
33728 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Nothing is known for certain on the PS4, as it doesn't exist yet; but if it works the same as the PS3 in this regard, then once a Playstation Store game or DLC is installed, any user profile on the console will be able to play it.  That applies to all games from the Playstation Store, whether purchased through a Plus subscription or not. Only the account that has the Playstation Plus subscription will be able to download Playstation Plus free games, but everyone using the console should be able to play them after they are installed.  Sony also indicated that only one account on a PS4 will need to have a Playstation Plus subscription in order to enable online play for all users of the console.  Each PSN account won't have to have its own Plus subscription to play online.  That is the only thing about Plus subscriptions that will be shared directly.  

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (229 Views)
0 Likes