Jan 06 2014
By: Hubster911 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Can I use same Playstation Plus account on my PS3 and PS4?

3 replies 14086 views Edited Jan 6, 2014

I've had a PS3 for years, but I never signed up for a Playstation Plus account.  I just got a PS4, and I signed up for a PS+ account on that machine.  Can I use the same account on both machines? I downloaded what I thought were free games for PS+ members on my PS3, but I'm sure I was charged. I use a different email address sign-in on each machine, but rest of my account info is the same.

Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 4 (14,086 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10186 posts

Re: Can I use same Playstation Plus account on my PS3 and PS4?

Jan 6, 2014
Yes, PS+ is on your PSN account not system, so you can use your PS+ account on the PS3, PS4 and PS Vita.
Message 2 of 4 (14,082 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
30171 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

Hubster911 wrote:

. I use a different email address sign-in on each machine, but rest of my account info is the same.

If you are using a different e-mail address sign-in on each console, then you have two different PSN accounts.  Each PSN account can only have one e-mail address at a time, and that e-mail address is the sign-in name.  One of your accounts has a Playstation Plus subscription.  The other one does not.  It doesn't matter that they both have he same account info.  Only the account that actually purchased the Plus subscription, can download the free games, and gets the discounts and other benefits.  That is why you were charged when you tried to download the free Plus games on the other system.

A PS3 or PS4 can have several user profiles with different PSN accounts on it, so there is no reason for you to not have both of your PSN accounts on all of your home consoles.  You can download the free Plus games to two home consoles, and all user profiles on those consoles can play them.  For the PS Vita, if you have one of those, only consoles that are set up to use the account that purchased Plus, can play the free games.

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (14,070 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 16, 2016
Ok
Message 4 of 4 (1,509 Views)
0 Likes