Apr 28 2013
By: aldoarnaob First Son 3 posts

Buy a game online and download it later

7 replies 443 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

Hello, i am currently working away from home and wanted to know if its possible to buy a game via the web store, using mi psn credit, and in 40 days  when i return home would be able to download it without any problems. I dont have any access to my PS3.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8 (443 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39989 posts

Re: Buy a game online and download it later

Apr 28, 2013

aldoarnaob wrote:

Hello, i am currently working away from home and wanted to know if its possible to buy a game via the web store, using mi psn credit, and in 40 days  when i return home would be able to download it without any problems. I dont have any access to my PS3.

Thank you

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Sure, you can use the PS online store, add the funds to your wallet & add the game or games to your cart, & so long as  you confirm the purchase you can then download the items at your leisure on your PS3.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 8 (440 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Thanks for the welcome

Sorry to bother you again, but i want to buy Resident Evil 6 (priced at 14.69 with PS+) but when i add it to my cart and proceed to check out it figures the full price: 20.99

Any help?

Message 3 of 8 (434 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29327 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Are you signed in to the Sony Entertainment Network with the same account that has the Plus subscription?  The site can't tell if you are a Plus subscriber unless you sign in.  Also, while this works in general, Sony does not absolutely guarantee that you can download something that you purchase now in a month or two.  I can't imagine a problem doing that with Resident Evil 6, but if for some reason the publisher pulled the game from the Playstation Store, which it can do at any time, then you would not be due a refund, even if you had not downloaded it the first time.  Also, PSN just added a new feature where you can schedule a game or DLC item to be downloaded automatically when your PS3 connects to the network again and signs in with your account.  If your PS3 is set up for automatic downloads, then it can automatically download and install items that you purchase on the web site Playstation Store. 

GKP
Message 4 of 8 (431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Thank you, i logged in from the Sony Entertainment Network and already bought it, i have the confirmation of purchase on my mail. Thank you very much, Now i just have to wait until returning home.

Too bad i cant do the same with the instant game collection. I hope i dont miss any good free games.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 8 (424 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39989 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Glad we were able to help.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 8 (418 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29327 posts

Apr 29, 2013

aldoarnaob wrote:

Too bad i cant do the same with the instant game collection. I hope i dont miss any good free games.

You can do the same with the Instant Game Collection. You just have to purchase the free games before they leave the Instant Game Collection.  You don't have to download them before they leave the Instant Game Collection.

GKP
Message 7 of 8 (396 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

May 2, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

aldoarnaob wrote:

You can do the same with the Instant Game Collection. You just have to purchase the free games before they leave the Instant Game Collection.  You don't have to download them before they leave the Instant Game Collection.

I can confirm this as well I was coming close to my bandwith limit when I first got PSN+ and purchased the free stuff I wanted, canceled the download and it was still listed as purchased the following month

Message 8 of 8 (363 Views)
0 Likes