Jul 08 2013
By: Sneetchie1 First Son 2 posts

Brand New PS3 - Expired Plus Code

3 replies 263 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

Recently (like a week or two ago) I bought a BRAND NEW PS3 system. On the box, a free month of PS Plus was advertised/promised. Unfortunately, when I tried to activate that code, I saw that the code had been expired for months. Now, if I had purchased a used system or waited a few months to try and activate the code, I could understand not being given a new code. But I bought this system new believing that a free month of Plus would be included. I have contacted both Gamestop and PS Support (PS Support being much less helpful) and both have told me that I cannot get a new code unfortunately.
So my question is does anyone on here have a code to give away or know of how I could get another code? 
Normally I wouldn't be bothered by such a trivial detail, but I am a little upset that this was a new system with an expired code. 
Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Brand New PS3 - Expired Plus Code

Jul 8, 2013

I have the same problem

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Sneetchie1 wrote:

Recently (like a week or two ago) I bought a BRAND NEW PS3 system. On the box, a free month of PS Plus was advertised/promised. Unfortunately, when I tried to activate that code, I saw that the code had been expired for months. Now, if I had purchased a used system or waited a few months to try and activate the code, I could understand not being given a new code. But I bought this system new believing that a free month of Plus would be included. I have contacted both Gamestop and PS Support (PS Support being much less helpful) and both have told me that I cannot get a new code unfortunately.
So my question is does anyone on here have a code to give away or know of how I could get another code? 
Normally I wouldn't be bothered by such a trivial detail, but I am a little upset that this was a new system with an expired code. 
Thanks!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Unfortunately your issue is with Gamestop not Sony, Gamestop sold you the item it is Gamestop who should make right the expired code, they'll probably tell you it' Sony's fault it isn't.

Your only option will be to swallow the expired code & move on or take your PS3 back to Gamestop for a refund & get another from elsewhere with an unexpired code, maybe the fact that you're taking it back will prompt them to give you a code, might be worth a try?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 4 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Thanks!
And eh, it's not worth taking back the whole system, despite a few potential bugs that might be present. (Semi-occassional game-freezing and random shutdowns). 

I may contact Gamestop corporate and see what happens. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (247 Views)
0 Likes