Jan 20 2013
By: beebout First Son 12 posts
Accepted Solution

Bioshock 2

7 replies 359 views Edited Jan 20, 2013
So I am a plus member and I got the free download of this game but now it says the content has expired even tho I still have the service, any reason why this is happening? Has it happened to anyone else?
Message 1 of 8 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Re: Bioshock 2

Jan 20, 2013

Is there a yellow tab next to the game file? If so, it sounds like you might have downloaded the 60-minute game trial instead of the game itself. Not to worry though, as all you'd need to do once the expiration is in effect just open up the game again. Once this is done, the trial will be forgotten about and you should be good to go.

Message 2 of 8 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 20, 2013
It won't even let me open the game period and I've put in like 7 hours on the game so I know I got the full edition
Message 3 of 8 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Jan 20, 2013

In that case I would contact Sony through their technical support line to find out what's gone wrong with your Plus subscription.

Message 4 of 8 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 20, 2013
That's the thing I don't think anything is wrong with it, I just downloaded darksiders and have been playing that no prob along with all my other plus content
Message 5 of 8 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I'd like to give you a better answer, but BioShock 2 isn't a game I've actually been playing through the Plus service myself (so in that regard I haven't encountered any problems with the game). If the content has expired, maybe it has something to do with BioShock 2 being removed from the Instant Game Collection recently? That's just one thought. Not being a definitive answer, I'd think if you were to contact Sony then they might know of something that would help out. Since this issue doesn't have anything to do with fixing your system, at least you wouldn't have to send it in for repairs.

Message 6 of 8 (347 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29410 posts

Jan 20, 2013

beebout wrote:
So I am a plus member and I got the free download of this game but now it says the content has expired even tho I still have the service, any reason why this is happening? Has it happened to anyone else?

Did you renew your subscription recently?  All free content downloaded with a Playstation Plus subscription expires at the end of the current Plus subscription.  Even if you renew your subscription, the expiration date remains the same.  You need to download the content again from the Playstation Store (don't delete it first, just download it).  The game won't actually be downloaded if it is already installed.  The Playstation Store will just download an updated license file with the new expiration date, which will be the end of your current subscription.

GKP
Message 7 of 8 (344 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Ill check that out
Message 8 of 8 (341 Views)
0 Likes