Jul 04 2013
By: FallSakanade First Son 1 posts

Battlefield 3 Corruption Issues

2 replies 111 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

Hey gang,

I've fully downloaded Battlefield 3 (great free offer, by the way!) a few times, and then when I go to install it, it never makes it past about 10% before saying it's corrupted. I deleted all the data and the corrupted remnants, and have tried again like three or four times. It always does the same thing around the same time. Obviously a little tiring having to re-download 12GB so many times, haha.

Just wondering if it's something wrong on your end, or if it's me and I'll never be able to play it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
33763 posts

Re: Battlefield 3 Corruption Issues

Jul 4, 2013

No. Something is wrong on your end.  The Playstation Store download protocol does not detect and correct bit errors during the download.  Data errors are not detected until the software is installed, at which time it is too late.  PSN assumes that you have a virtually error-free network connection, and yours is not.  PCs and mobile devices are designed to tolerate some data errors.  The PS3 is not.  You need to check your home network equipment, and your ISP connection, for data errors; and fix them.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Battlefield 3 Corruption Issues

Jul 7, 2013

i get the same issue and my home network is fine i downloaded and installed eight games the past few days and battlefield 3 is the only one with the message and i reformated but still issue

Message 3 of 3 (61 Views)
0 Likes