Sep 13 2012
By: Error062479 Lombax Warrior 141 posts
Accepted Solution

Access to Plus cloud storage for all users of a PS+ subscribed console?

11 replies 1969 views Edited Sep 13, 2012

Long story short:

I am a PS+ member with my “Main” PS account, and my wife and I both have our own accounts for save games, trophy’s etc.

I am able to play the games and apps downloaded through plus on All accounts, but I cannot use the cloud storage with anything but the “main account”. This is useless for us because the “main” account isn’t one we play games on.

Is there any way for these other accounts to use the cloud storage as we are on the same system? Right now it would only recognize the “main” account having the ability to use the cloud saves, as it’s the PS+ holder. Can I make the other two accounts “sub accounts” somehow to access this feature under plus for all the users of this PS3 system?

I have a feeling Im outta luck on this front, but thought I would ask anyway.

Message 1 of 12 (1,969 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41765 posts

Re: Access to Plus cloud storage for all users of a PS+ subscribed console?

Sep 13, 2012

Error062479 wrote:

Long story short:

I am a PS+ member with my “Main” PS account, and my wife and I both have our own accounts for save games, trophy’s etc.

I am able to play the games and apps downloaded through plus on All accounts, but I cannot use the cloud storage with anything but the “main account”. This is useless for us because the “main” account isn’t one we play games on.

Is there any way for these other accounts to use the cloud storage as we are on the same system? Right now it would only recognize the “main” account having the ability to use the cloud saves, as it’s the PS+ holder. Can I make the other two accounts “sub accounts” somehow to access this feature under plus for all the users of this PS3 system?

I have a feeling Im outta luck on this front, but thought I would ask anyway.

Unfortunately your instinct was correct, the cloud save option is only avaiable to the main/purchasing account, in other words the PlayStation Plus Subscriber.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 12 (1,966 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Thats what I thought, thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 12 (1,960 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: **bleep** to Plus cloud storage for all users of a PS+ subscribed console?

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Yeah i have the same issue, You would think if you paid for membership you could use all the features of the membership on that console but my logic must be flawed because thats not how they do it.

P.S To Sony please fix the Bleep problem Im tired of haveing to edit post because it bleeps stuff that shouldnt be bleeped.

Message 4 of 12 (1,953 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
41765 posts

Re: **bleep** to Plus cloud storage for all users of a PS+ subscribed console?

Sep 14, 2012

sstfamily wrote:

Yeah i have the same issue, You would think if you paid for membership you could use all the features of the membership on that console but my logic must be flawed because thats not how they do it.

P.S To Sony please fix the Bleep problem Im tired of haveing to edit post because it bleeps stuff that shouldnt be bleeped.

This issue has now been resolved.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 12 (1,946 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Just realized this on my PS4.  Why wouldn't Sony allow cloud backups for all users of one PS4?  This makes no sense at all.  My two sub-accounts can play games I've downloaded, but won't auto upload.  Come on Sony.  Give the customers what they are asking for.  

Message 6 of 12 (1,020 Views)
MVP Support
31513 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

Sony wouldn't sell many Plus subscriptions if up to 15 other people could get the full benefits of the subscription without buying one themselves.  The PS4 allows sub-accounts to play without a Plus subscription because sub-accounts cannot purchase Plus subscriptions themselves.  If they were not able to piggyback off of another user's Plus subscription for online play, then no sub-account could every play online on the PS4; which is not what Sony intended. The ability of sub-accounts to play games that another PSN users downloaded is true of nearly all Playstation Store games in general, and doesn't actually have anything to do with Playstation Plus at all.  All other features of Playstation Plus, aside from online play, are available only to PSN accounts that purchase a subscription.  XBox Live Gold works the same way, except that it allows sharing of the paid subscription for other online features that are free on Playstation consoles, but require a paid subscription on XBox consoles.   

GKP
Message 7 of 12 (1,013 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 2, 2014

You gave us a gig. Now let us decide how to fill it.  

Message 8 of 12 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Apr 1, 2016

Fine I can deal with only the purchasing account having cloud access. What I'd love is if I could access my PS+ cloud via the internet as in PC browser or anywhere you login to your Playstation account. I had one of the launch date PS3s' that ended up breaking for good when the mainboard went kaput. I backed up all my data on a USB drive but have no way of uploading it to my PS3 cloud since I've got a PS4 now. I don't want to have to go out and buy another PS3 to do this when I subscribe to Playstation Now. 

Message 9 of 12 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Apr 1, 2016

Fine I can deal with only the purchasing account having cloud access. What I'd love is if I could access my PS+ cloud via the internet as in PC browser or anywhere you login to your Playstation account. I had one of the launch date PS3s' that ended up breaking for good when the mainboard went kaput. I backed up all my data on a USB drive but have no way of uploading it to my PS3 cloud since I've got a PS4 now. I don't want to have to go out and buy another PS3 to do this when I subscribe to Playstation Now. This is very doable.

Message 10 of 12 (529 Views)
0 Likes