Nov 25 2012
By: Peavishy First Son 3 posts

AC Brotherhood Expired

3 replies 146 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

Hello there, I bought AC Brotherhood for free with my PS+ account. I'm almost positive this was not the trial version. I played it for 5 minutes tops before i had to go out. I went back home and found it showing "Expired". 

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide, thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: AC Brotherhood Expired

Nov 25, 2012
Oh and i turned off my PS3 before going out. So i only played for 5 minutes and then turned it off. Thanks again.
Message 2 of 4 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Re: AC Brotherhood Expired

Nov 25, 2012

The Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood game you've downloaded is not a free copy. This is a 60-minute trial version that you've selected, as the game has never actually been brought to PlayStation Plus as a "Free" game to download.

60-minute trials expire once you've installed and launched the game. Whether you've played the trial for just five minutes or 60, the trial will expire after 60-minutes is up (even if you shut the system off entirely before returning to play the game). The only thing PlayStation Plus can do you for now is ask if you want to pay for the game digitally or perhaps it can give it to you a copy at discount price. Although, the game has been discounted before through Plus, so it's unknown whether another discount will happen soon or even if the game will officially become free for members. With Assassin's Creed III being a recent release however, there's always a possibility.

Message 3 of 4 (137 Views)
First Son
3 posts

But that's the weird thing. It was shown as free (with th...

Nov 25, 2012

But that's the weird thing. It was shown as free (with the original price in strikethrough). I double checked because i thought i was mistaken. Maybe it was a mistake in categorization? In any case thank you for the info. I tried logging into PS store but it showed it as unavailable for purchase....weird....such a disappointment. 

Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes