Nov 16 2013
By: VKTC2 First Son 1 posts

30 day trial not accepted

10 replies 428 views Edited Nov 16, 2013
When trying to enter my 30 playstation plus code, it responds by giving me an error that the code is not recognized or already been redeemed...
Message 1 of 11 (428 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: 30 day trial not accepted

Nov 16, 2013

This is the exact issue I am having.  Please, to whomever responds to this, include me in the response.

Message 2 of 11 (400 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I need help with this problem too i keep on getting error on plus, 10 free dollars, music unlimited and psn cards.... pls someone help

Message 3 of 11 (353 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Message 4 of 11 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Nowhere on the voucher does it give any indication that the promotion is for new members only, and in the past these sorts of things have always stacked. It would be incredibly crappy of Sony to exclude faithful members who have shelled out the money for a PS4 from this promotion.
Message 5 of 11 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I dont know that, thats true. Buddy of mine has had a PSPlus account from ps3, entered his free trial and it worked fine.
Message 6 of 11 (290 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 17, 2013

nufanvandal wrote:
I dont know that, thats true. Buddy of mine has had a PSPlus account from ps3, entered his free trial and it worked fine.

His plus must have expired before he redeemed the code.

We are excited to provide those of you in the US and Canada with a special promotional voucher in every PS4 box* that includes:

• $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
  • 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial**
  • 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial**

* Available for a limited time only
** Only for new subscribers

Source:  http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/

Message 7 of 11 (288 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Nov 17, 2013
That certainly IS threefold surprise, in the surprise of how loyal members are being screwed. That said, that information does NOT appear on the voucher included with the system. It says, verbatim:

"*PLAYSTATION PLUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A credit card is required to redeem your Playstation Plus 30 day trial, but you will receive this trial without charge. Unless you cancel your subscription at least one day prior to the end of the 30 day trial, your trial will automatically convert to a 3 month Playstation Plus subscription, and $17.99 will automatically be deducted from your Network wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement. This 3 month subscription will continue and automatically renew until you cancel it. You may cancel your subscription via the account management on your Sony Entertainment Network account or by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669. Playstation Plus is only available to legal U.S. and Canadian residents with a Sony Entertainment Network account who are 18 or older.

The Voucher code ("code") is good for one qualifying SEN account to redeem the entitlement to download Playstation Plus for the Playstation 4 computer entertainment system via the Playstation Store. Code expires March 31, 2014. The approximate value of the Code is $0.00 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash or credit, my not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged."

Do you see "Only new subscribers" anywhere in there? It's there for Music Unlimited. I quote,
"**MUSIC UNLIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only for new subscribers to the Premium Plan."

Do you see the difference? Sony needs to make right by us.
Message 8 of 11 (278 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 17, 2013

ClayBFX wrote:
That certainly IS threefold surprise, in the surprise of how loyal members are being screwed.

Sony needs to make right by us.

They gave you $10 for nothing and you're still complaining? Get over yourself. You can always redeem the voucher when your current Plus membership expires.

Message 9 of 11 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I agree, if it is for new members only by law I believe they are required to indicate that on the voucher it's self.  I do not believe leagally they can imply that it is for new members only without stating it on the voucher.

Not to mention since I purchased two PS4's I had to create another PSN account so my children could play PS+ on the second PS4 and the new account would not accept any of the 30 days free or the 7 day free trials found in the disc versions of the games.

I just called GameStop and asked them and they said as far as they knew the 30 day deal was a pre-order offer only.  I searched both box's and can't find any mention of "Free 30 days Plus for New Subscribers".

Viro

Message 10 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes