Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Best Story in a Videogame?

Mar 30, 2011

My picks:

Mass Effect 2

Dead Space 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Ace Combat 5 and Zero (i don't give a rat's ass if they're on PS2, they're damn good games)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Message 11 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Mar 30, 2011

I liked: Fallout Series

MGS Series

Ace Combat 5 and Zero (4 seemed a little weak to me)

Call of Duty Black Ops (The best story in the COD series IMO)

SokomPwnage Trophy Card
Message 12 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Mar 30, 2011

The Fallout series are epic, but the stories are a little loose. Good, but loose.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Message 13 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Metal Gear Solid series.

Message 14 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18735 posts

Re: Demon's Souls

Mar 31, 2011

http://www.gamesonsmash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/demonssouls.png

Demon's Souls, for no other game in this generation manages to deliver such complex depth to story with such few sentences.

While DS has an outstanding intro and in-game intro, cut scenes, spoken dialogs and per level short descriptions; the needed greedy or its story is told by way of environment & game play.

• By way of Endurance, you become that summoned hero
  • By way of Longing, you will become that lost soul (one of the many ones you see roaming around about its business on its own dimension)

Limbo and Purgatory don't have a damn thing on the World and the Nexus that bind of us all.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 15 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Demon's Souls

Apr 2, 2011

Edin99 wrote:

For this gen, I would go with Heavy Rain. Well structed story with no plotholes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heavy rain was highly original and I loved every minute of it but the reason I didn't put it on my list was PRECISELY because of all the plotholes!

Message 16 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11755 posts

Apr 11, 2011

In my honest opinion, there are not very many PlayStation®3 video games that have strong narratives. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Heavy Rain, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots are fairly strong in the storyline department (overall) but I still prefer the storylines in video games such as Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater to the storylines in these video games (call it personal preference). With that being said, there is one video game on a competitior's video game console that I believe is the bee's knees but this is not the Off-Topic Discussion section (take that for what it's worth)...

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 17 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Apr 12, 2011

I agree with you, Uncharted 1 & 2 take the show away from any other. In addition to this I will say that Crysis (Original) has a better story over Crysis 2. To bad Crysis (original) wasn't out for the console. I had it for the pc.

Message 18 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

May 4, 2011

i agree the metal gear games have good story lines.....

Message 19 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

May 5, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Silent Hill 2 had an amazing story line that was very immersive.  For this generation of games though I'd have to give it to the Mass Effect series.  It had been a long time since I actually cared about the outcome of the various characters, and had been confronted by actual difficult choices in a game. 

-SP

Message 20 of 32 (233 Views)
0 Likes