Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Oct 30, 2013

ATHun wrote:

I read through the FAQs but couldn't find anything on this. With PSPlus on the PS4, will cloud saves still only be available for the main user (the one actually subscribed to PSPlus) or is it open to all users on that system?

Failing that, it'd be nice if there was an easy method to backup ALL save games on the system. Generally that's all I need to backup. As it is on the PS3, I have to go through an entire back which takes an eternity or backup the saves on a user-by-user basis which is a PITA.

You need PS Plus for cloud saving. If you fail to renew your subscription, you will not be able to access your online game saves. However, if you re-up your membership after your last one lapsed, then you will have access to those cloud saves you had.

Here are more answers about the PS Plus Service: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/td-p/37...

Message 291 of 562 (262 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6686 posts

Oct 31, 2013

ATHun wrote:

I read through the FAQs but couldn't find anything on this. With PSPlus on the PS4, will cloud saves still only be available for the main user (the one actually subscribed to PSPlus) or is it open to all users on that system?

Failing that, it'd be nice if there was an easy method to backup ALL save games on the system. Generally that's all I need to backup. As it is on the PS3, I have to go through an entire back which takes an eternity or backup the saves on a user-by-user basis which is a PITA.

I think it's safe to assume that only the PS+ account gets access to cloud saving since it doesn't say otherwise.  Also, you'd basically have no limit on how much storage you use, since you could just make another user.

Message 292 of 562 (246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 4, 2013

i want to ask if is possibile one things

i have an account created in 2008 and later i saw this my country not support ps store and i create another account in uk and i subscribe at the ps plus. i downlod game and i play games for first account(work at ps3) and i buy the ps vita i downlod ps plus or buy content and i want to transfer for the first content(dosen t work) tell me another buyer. can transfer content the secound to first account? i asked this beacause i have 4000 trophies. or when ps store and plus for Romania.

Manny thx and sorry for my eanglish

Message 293 of 562 (217 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38442 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

liviuv wrote:

i want to ask if is possibile one things

i have an account created in 2008 and later i saw this my country not support ps store and i create another account in uk and i subscribe at the ps plus. i downlod game and i play games for first account(work at ps3) and i buy the ps vita i downlod ps plus or buy content and i want to transfer for the first content(dosen t work) tell me another buyer. can transfer content the secound to first account? i asked this beacause i have 4000 trophies. or when ps store and plus for Romania.

Manny thx and sorry for my eanglish

Sorry but content cannot be transferred from one account to another.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 294 of 562 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 6, 2013

So I have two accounts. This one and Shakeyhands. Prolaxed has playstation plus, Shakeyhands does not.  I first had Shakeyhands, but my Ps3 exploded (not literally), so I was without a ps3 for awhile. When I got a new one, I forgot about the first account, made a second one. Now, for no good aparent reason, I can not change my name on my playstation accounts to the other, even though I own both of them. I can not merge accounts or anything. When the ps4 comes out, I want to switch back to "Shakeyhands", because I use that name for everything. But I have a one year subscription of playstation plus on  Prolaxed only.

My questions are

1) Can I use playstation plus on both accounts I own, somehow? Am I missing something?

2) Can I transfer my playstation plus to Shakeyhands, from Prolaxed. 

3) HERE IS A BILLION DOLLARS. CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME CHANGE MY PLAYSTATION ACCOUNT NAME? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It took Blizzard forever to do it in World of Warcraft, but when they implimented it, they made so much money. Barrels of money! And then they did it for race changes, and all sorts of stuff. Just be sensible please and do it already. Here take my money! lol

Message 295 of 562 (188 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38442 posts

Nov 6, 2013

Prolaxed wrote:

So I have two accounts. This one and Shakeyhands. Prolaxed has playstation plus, Shakeyhands does not.  I first had Shakeyhands, but my Ps3 exploded (not literally), so I was without a ps3 for awhile. When I got a new one, I forgot about the first account, made a second one. Now, for no good aparent reason, I can not change my name on my playstation accounts to the other, even though I own both of them. I can not merge accounts or anything. When the ps4 comes out, I want to switch back to "Shakeyhands", because I use that name for everything. But I have a one year subscription of playstation plus on  Prolaxed only.

My questions are

1) Can I use playstation plus on both accounts I own, somehow? Am I missing something? Yes, so long as both accounts are on the same PS3/4 then both accounts will have access to PS Plus, including online gaming.

2) Can I transfer my playstation plus to Shakeyhands, from Prolaxed. No.

3) HERE IS A BILLION DOLLARS. CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME CHANGE MY PLAYSTATION ACCOUNT NAME? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It took Blizzard forever to do it in World of Warcraft, but when they implimented it, they made so much money. Barrels of money! And then they did it for race changes, and all sorts of stuff. Just be sensible please and do it already. Here take my money! lol 1000000% NO!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 296 of 562 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Do you know if PS4 offers two player couch play online as the xbox 360 does?

Message 297 of 562 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 10, 2013

I am looking at getting the PS4, but I am curious about how PS+ works. Right now I have 2 PS3's in my house (one in the game room and the other in the living room) so my siblings and I can play together. We are looking at getting the PS4 but I can't find out anywhere if one PS+ account will work on two consoles.  I want us all to be able to play online, but I want to know if PS+ will work on a per console basis or if I can make my account the master account on both of my PS4's so we can all play online together.

Thank you!

Message 298 of 562 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24191 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Is PlayStation Plus necessary for multiplayer gameplay on PS4?

Yes, PlayStation Plus membership is needed for PS4 online multiplayer gaming. PS4 features a significantly enhanced online feature set that will deliver innovative new online gaming experiences.

Will non PS Plus members be able to play free to play online games on PS4?

Certain titles built on a free-to-play model will not require PlayStation Plus for multiplayer functionality in North America. This list currently includes Blacklight Retribution, DC Universe Online, and War Frame in North America.

Can I play online without a Plus membership?

Generally speaking, no. PlayStation Plus membership is required to play the majority of online titles on PS4, however a selection of free-to-play multiplayer titles will be available without a PS Plus membership.

If I’m not a PlayStation Plus member but I log into a PS4 system owned by a PS Plus member, will I be able to play online multiplayer?

Yes. If you don’t have a PS Plus membership, you can still access online multiplayer modes if you log into a PS4 which is set as “Primary” by a PS Plus member. This means that, for example, if one housemate is a PlayStation Plus member, everyone in the household will have access to online multiplayer. Additionally, on the same PS4 system, any games or content purchased by one user are available to other users who play on that console (unless that content has expired).

How many users can play online multiplayer modes on a single PS4 system set as “Primary” by a PS Plus member?

All users can play online multiplayer modes. Up to four users can log in simultaneously to a single PS4 system, and all will have access to multiplayer as long as PS4 is set as “Primary” by a PS Plus member.

How many local accounts does PS4 support?

PS4 supports up to 16 local accounts, in addition to temporary guest accounts.

Message 299 of 562 (128 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Thank you so much dude, i'll do it now....and on a side note my head exploded due to your stubronness of not letting me change my account name for no reason! XD

Message 300 of 562 (122 Views)
0 Likes