Thank good to know

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 545 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus FAQ

Aug 29, 2012

This question may seem a little weird. I have a Plus membership on an account but I never use the account for acctually playing games. I have downloaded a lot of games recently and I'm wondering when the subscription runs up and i buy a subscription for the account i play the games on will I get access to the games I have downloaded?

I know this seems odd and a bit pointless but if anyone could clear this up for me it would be great. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 545 (1,519 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4535 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Chieftain92 wrote:

This question may seem a little weird. I have a Plus membership on an account but I never use the account for acctually playing games. I have downloaded a lot of games recently and I'm wondering when the subscription runs up and i buy a subscription for the account i play the games on will I get access to the games I have downloaded?

I know this seems odd and a bit pointless but if anyone could clear this up for me it would be great. 

Thanks.

If I understood you right, then no.  The games from PS+ are tied to the account that buys it.  If you buy PS+ with another account, you will not be reactivating those old games since they are on another account.  That would be the same as if I renewed PS+ and you also got to play your old games again; they are 2 separate accounts and unrelated to each other.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 545 (1,501 Views)
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 31, 2012

@ mochuuu plus looks very promising also like the 1 week advance for the upcoming month's games. After Vita's recent update and news that  plus content will be coming to the Vita it's very tempting to go and purchase 1 I was going to wait til Xmas and give my boy 1 but I dont think I can wait that long.  Anyways what i'm wanting to know is when the online storage gets updated to 1 GB will Mini's PS1/2 games be downloadable to online storage? Im not to familiar with how the Vita works but with cross platform games that let you carry your game saves from PS3 to the Vita or vice versa do you you have to plug the Vita into the PS3 threw the USB plug to transfer data or does it do it over servers? Im just curious because i'm wanting to know if I download a full digital title it's going to to use up a size of the memory cards you can buy. So when I have game saves from the digit title will I be able to save them to my 1 GB of online storage so if I do purchase a digital game it's only taking up space for the game and patches/DLC but not my games saves which I can transfer to online storage?

Thnx and I hope that makes sense

href="http://us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/burnlife308">
Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 545 (1,488 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

I have a question.

Sep 4, 2012

If I bought an add-on or a game at a disconunt price as a Plus Member, will I be able to keep them even if my subscription expires?

Or will I have to pay the difference of what I payed vs. the original cost?

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 545 (1,476 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

Sep 6, 2012

burnlife308 wrote:

Anyways what i'm wanting to know is when the online storage gets updated to 1 GB will Mini's PS1/2 games be downloadable to online storage? 

The cloud storage is for game saves only, so you wouldn't be able to upload whole games, even as small as minis, to this space. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 545 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes
1476 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Updated the original post with a few questions. Thanks to those who have been great at answering questions in this thread! JERM7, jcalvert, BRIT-KO, SpyDudeFX, and jpbslayer; thanks guys for the help in answering some of the questions people have had. 

@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 545 (1,445 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Re: I have a question.

Sep 7, 2012

Any game or dlc you buy at a discount as a ps+ member you keep and can use even if your subscription expires.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 545 (1,430 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Vailintine wrote:

If I bought an add-on or a game at a disconunt price as a Plus Member, will I be able to keep them even if my subscription expires?

A rule of thumb is if you spend any $$$ on the store regardless of the type of discount (PS+, sale, code, etc) its yours forever (or as long as its on your system).

Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 545 (1,382 Views)
0 Likes
1476 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Dua1-Blade- wrote:

Vailintine wrote:

A rule of thumb is if you spend any $$$ on the store regardless of the type of discount (PS+, sale, code, etc) its yours forever (or as long as its on your system).

Correct me if I'm wrong though...

This is correct

@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 545 (1,355 Views)
0 Likes