21 replies 6535 views Edited Nov 26, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Final Fantasy XI online game play with PS3

Nov 26, 2007
I have a question for those who love Final Fantasy online games. I would like to know if it is possible to continue my gaming online using PS3 with my PS2 Final Fantasy XI games and how do I go about doing so?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

Nov 26, 2007
yea its possible, just download the ps2 system settings on the playstation store
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 26, 2007
This may sound silly but how do I go about doing so. I am new to the gaming thing and my partner is a HUGE fan of Final Fantasy XI and we had a hard time going from one store to the next and every one of them stated we could not use the PS2 game itself to down load and upload the game like we did with the original PS2 he had into the new 40 and 80 GB PS3. So we were left having the impression that now Sony is no longer going to keep PS2 and slowly getting rid of it and only having PS3 on the market leaving us with no answers on how we can continue with game play on the new one once we can buy them. can you help I greatly appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Nov 26, 2007
well if you looked before posting because there is a search bar, right underneath this forum is a "Guide" to playing on an 80gig Go find it.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5414 posts

Nov 26, 2007

wiccakiller7 wrote:
I have a question for those who love Final Fantasy online games. I would like to know if it is possible to continue my gaming online using PS3 with my PS2 Final Fantasy XI games and how do I go about doing so?

Your character and account information is stored on the server. You play on a different machine the same way you log into your forum account here from a different computer. You run the software to access this site and type in your account ID and password. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
My PlayStation2 HDD guide.: http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32

PS2 Model Number and Importing Guide
PS2 HDD Forum (archived)
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 26, 2007
BUNGIEFAN:

thank you very much =) one more question could I use the same PS2 software to help with the process of downloading the game and or information to my new PS3. I know this question is repetitive and I have read the entire forum but I still get mixed issues with my fellow gamers. so any additional help will do. Also I am not that big on computer knowlege either...lol
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3291 posts

Nov 26, 2007
You use ps2 disc to download ffxi first you gotta download playonline then FFXI > rise of zilart >Cop > toah > wotg... You download the ps2 Data and it is free from ps store you cannot play FFXI on ps3 40gb, You may get lucky with 80gb but it doest work for most. FFXI works 100% for the 20gb and 60gb model but sony dont make those anymore. I believe you can still buy it on the internet.
PSN: FullTimeKilla
Socom Name: XcoBlazin
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 27, 2007
I guess there is a problem with the game or the system or something?
I know i just got the game, i wanted to play it while i was out from surgey for the next two weeks but i download the ps2 network whatever and everytime i try to start the game is so no HDD found. Is there a problem with sony or me?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3291 posts

Nov 27, 2007

car_o_line wrote:
I guess there is a problem with the game or the system or something?
I know i just got the game, i wanted to play it while i was out from surgey for the next two weeks but i download the ps2 network whatever and everytime i try to start the game is so no HDD found. Is there a problem with sony or me?

Problem is from Sony not you, they need to update the software to play ffxi but i think they are lazy atm.
PSN: FullTimeKilla
Socom Name: XcoBlazin
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (6,535 Views)
0 Likes