Feb 07 2010
By: motamayhem Hekseville Citizen 362 posts

FFXIV?

14 replies 568 views Edited Feb 7, 2010

ever since i quit FFXI ive been itching for more and more info on there next mmo release but SE hasnt updated the website since the BETA sign up started.

anyone know of some info on FFXIV?

Message 1 of 15 (568 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Re: FFXIV?

Feb 9, 2010

Go here for the best up to date info on 14

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Have a few people that live in Japan and translate any info they find from mag's or word of mouth. 

Anything by elmer the pointy is what you want to look for.

Message Edited by yabaii on 02-08-2010 04:35 PM
Message 2 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 11, 2010

i cant wait for this to come out was a big ffxi fan this should blow every mmo out tha water

Message Edited by Xebulen on 02-10-2010 04:25 PM
Message 3 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Mar 10, 2010

Xebulen wrote:

i cant wait for this to come out was a big ffxi fan this should blow every mmo out tha water

Man what who you telling that the only reason why I bought a ps3 I think 90gb is good enough.

Message 4 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Jun 1, 2010

my japan player from final fantasy 11 got on alpha for f14 on his pc told me combat not that great that they need to fix it

Message 5 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jun 5, 2010

i have a thred going on the Final fantasy series forum. you can goto zam.com you can serch youtube for vids of alpha. or you can goto my thred of the forums. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ thats the OFFICAL link to SE and FFXIV.

Message 6 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Its going to be interesting to see what the true specs needed for running XIV on pc will be, bare in mind alphas are always much higher than the finished product, betas are closer to true specs but still higher then what is needed.

I dont think theyre going to nerf the the game as far a visuals when it comes out for ps3, yes it will be more gorgeous on a high end pc due to the amount of ram a vid card now has but it will still look great for ps3 or 360 if it ever comes out for that. 

I do agree with what was said about it being to easy, if its a clone of  WoW i know i'll be turned away since i could never get past lvl 20 in that games without quitting cause it was like playing the american version of IV on snes, I still play XI even today having fun since now they are increasing the lvl cap and new abilities, weapons and armor, new mobs and areas to explore.

Message 7 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Jun 20, 2010

stupidswag_23 wrote:

Xebulen wrote:

Man what who you telling that the only reason why I bought a ps3 I think 90gb is good enough.

LOL same here man this game going to be crazy!!!! I went on www.g4tv.com and the site says 12/31/2010 when the game going to be released.  I'm currently beating all the Final Fantasy games to keep me calm until the beta arrives.  I'm currently on Final Fantasy VI.

Message 8 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jun 22, 2010

stupidswag_23 wrote:

stupidswag_23 wrote:

Xebulen wrote:

LOL same here man this game going to be crazy!!!! I went on www.g4tv.com and the site says 12/31/2010 when the game going to be released.  I'm currently beating all the Final Fantasy games to keep me calm until the beta arrives.  I'm currently on Final Fantasy VI.

If your beating them all until beta arrives and your on FF VI you better hurry up! Alpha ended last week and beta is supposed to start within a month. Now If the PC and PS3 beta both start at the SAME time, I do not know.
Message 9 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2065 posts

Jun 23, 2010

Tiamat_Zero wrote:

Its going to be interesting to see what the true specs needed for running XIV on pc will be, bare in mind alphas are always much higher than the finished product, betas are closer to true specs but still higher then what is needed.

I dont think theyre going to nerf the the game as far a visuals when it comes out for ps3, yes it will be more gorgeous on a high end pc due to the amount of ram a vid card now has but it will still look great for ps3 or 360 if it ever comes out for that. 

I do agree with what was said about it being to easy, if its a clone of  WoW i know i'll be turned away since i could never get past lvl 20 in that games without quitting cause it was like playing the american version of IV on snes, I still play XI even today having fun since now they are increasing the lvl cap and new abilities, weapons and armor, new mobs and areas to explore.

Find out for yourself: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/index.html

Only an estimate of course, but gives you a decent idea. Looks pretty good on hi-res also

The PS3 will look worse, it has to, the hardware will be right around 5 years old when XIV releases. But just because it won't look as good as the PC version does not mean it will look bad.

XIV will be easier than XI was, although who knows by how much. XIV allows you to solo which would suggest it is easier. Personally I'm glad they are making it so you can solo or group to level. The worst part of FFXI was spending 1-3 hours waiting for a party, then once you get one waiting for everyone to gather. You could easily spend 5 or 6 hours playing the game, but only get 2 hours of leveling in.

Message 10 of 15 (568 Views)
0 Likes