Monster Hunter
40 posts

Re: FFXIV release date

Feb 1, 2010

BigDally13 wrote:
Well they had originally planned for a late Spring or early Summer release last I heard but I think they are just now getting started on the beta or should be within the next month or so. From there let's hope everything runs smoothly and we get a good release date since FF XII has take so long. Start saving up your money everyone!

I know I already am saving money to get the ffxiv, because I found out it comes out jun 2 2010. I Just found the released date on it for the ps3 version.
Message 11 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1504 posts

Feb 1, 2010

nightwing48624 wrote:
I know I already am saving money to get the ffxiv, because I found out it comes out jun 2 2010. I Just found the released date on it for the ps3 version.

Whomever, or wherever, you got that release date from is false. FFXIV has not cleared Alpha yet. Once clearing Alpha it will go to private beta. The private beta numbers will continually grow as FFXIV development supports it. There is also the goal to offer a public beta to everyone, which will probably happen shortly before launch. I forsee anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks of public beta, just to build hype and announce the game. 

After all of this, the game will be finished up and then finally go gold. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm looking for a September/October release date. Again, that's speculation on my part. Anyone who says that they know exactly when FFXIV will be out is not speaking truthfully at this time.

**EDIT: You can already pre-order your copy from Amazon.com however. I pre-ordered 2 PC copies and 1 PS3 copy. Thanks to Amazon.com coupons, I'll be getting my PS3 copy for $6.98, and one of the PC copies for $39.99 -- all of my copies all include release day shipping. So, as always, I'll have it on my doorstep on release day. ***

Message Edited by StarDuster on 02-01-2010 10:04 AM
Message 12 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Feb 2, 2010

StarDuster, nice lol.

Yea June is way too early imho. I'm honestly expecting a late August , September or possibly early October release.

Message 13 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 11, 2010

Well we're gonna have the VanaFest 2010 late this month (feb 28) on Japan. What SQEX told us is that they're going to give some mind blowing info, and we don't know if it's going to be about FF XI or FF XIV.

Maybe they're telling us the start date of the beta, or the release date of the game... actually it's hard to predict. But keep your eyes on this event.

One thing I'm curious is if the US version of FFXIII will get the campaign code (that came with the japanese version).

Message 14 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Feb 14, 2010
Message 15 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3942 posts

Mar 3, 2010

i would think they would release right before or right after Cataclysmic (wow expansion) just cause hype will be around the MMO world about that time

Message 16 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Mar 18, 2010

Owainn wrote:
Beta still not up even in japan? that being said i would assume Fall of 2010 if everything runs smoothly and goes good. Then again SE is also known for delaying their dates.

ya but there no Blizzard

Message 17 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 8, 2010

FFXIV will be released on the PC on September 30th, and if you pre-order you get access 8 days earlier... BUT I just read that they are pushing the PS3 release back until March 2011.. ridiculous... I don't even want it anymore. My comp can't run it now I have to wait another year. Lame. Go SE.!

Message 18 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 15, 2010

you can upgrade pretty cheap at geeks.com my uncle did his computer runs ffxiv great

Message 19 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Sep 20, 2010

Well, I have my PS3 in for repairs. At any rate, I was able to find out that 2 of my Computers, one being a lap top and another an older Dell wouldn't work So I tried my GFs ACER, The acer won hands down. I noticed lagging when the servers were heavily tested. 

I think for the sake of Purchasing a new system I am going to go with the PS3 version. My Dell Dimension 5150 isn't worth the cost to upgrade. Even though it has a 256 MB Nvida card and is a PCI express type. 

I had more Luck with the console versions. With  he PC , I had to disable the IM and all that and then have to worry about other issues. I have a PS2 still going on strong and it still has FFXI on it. and I to haven't had to wry much about things going wrong as one would with a PC. 

The console, Everything Matches, Every thing is balanced, and one has plenty of Processor power.

I imagine in time there will be people saying that FFXIV broke my PS3. I await for those forums to pop up.

There will be many glitches in the game and probably a few bugs to go along with those as well.

I remember with the PS2 models in FFXI one could walk under water in a certain location lol.

All in All, I think the game will be a success. Yeah, it has some quirks. But what game doesn't? 

60 bucks for the game,then an additional sign up fee.. hmm Looks like I will get the game one month then sign in on another.

I am not going to go on rumors and speculation on when it will or will not come out for the PS3. the good news, is that I am sure the game will grow and they will be adding things. 

with that being said. I am not going to sit and dwell on when it will or will not be out. I'll just patiently bide the time. I only had 2 days to play it so my Char wasn't that high. So for me the Console version is the most economical way to go. besides I didn't pay Sony 167.40 for nothing lol. That is, if they decide to service it. knowing my Luck it will be returned unserviceable. I have nothing but bad Luck lol. No I didn't abuse the system, i didn't spill anything into it and I surely didn't use a whole lot to create excessive wear and tear . My Appartment just got to hot, and the thing over heated.

Well, I will bid you all a good evening. Oh If it seems that I am non echelon   , it is cause I am 40 years old lol. machines break down sooner or later. Consoles are no Different then a car. they both need maintenance . and they both can be costly to repair. I know, I just had to replace 2 front transaxles in to my 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse. $400.00 Ouch! Hmm same price as a new PS3 lol.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 20 of 20 (761 Views)
0 Likes