May 14 2010
By: CaelThunderwing First Son 9 posts

FFXI on PS3 issues

3 replies 504 views Edited May 14, 2010

i dont know if its my ISP but

i install sucessfully on my buds 60GB PS3 but..

after lil over 5 mins i get kicked from the servers w/ POL-0250 i've tried port forwarding.. nothing.  i've tried setting the PS3 as the designated DMZ Zone Device till nada but atleast it'll gte to 15% on file check then POL-0250)

i cant connect it directly to the Modem because 1: teh tv's too far from it. 2: its a 50 Inch  HDTV its friggin heavy!

i installed from the orginal Discs that the PS2 kit came w/ + the seperate discs for CoP, ToAU and WotG

my ISP here in Salem IL is US Sonnet  (Fiber)

would a proxy server be my only hope if its them Blocking at the source some ports?  i sent an email an hr ago, but nothing yet. if its an issue i may talk to my friend about swithcing to AT&T Uverse or atleast DSL . i never had an issue w/ PS2 360 or PC FFXI w/ them in Michigan

[ our only phone here is his cell phone an dmy cheap lil "Obama Phone"  (i got to thank vagrent on ifrit server for that joke) [its a reachout wireless phone and i get too lil mins a month ;-; so i haveto wait till he gets home before callin em)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Re: FFXI on PS3 issues

May 28, 2010
From personal experience, FFXI does not like a wireless connection - buy a 100-Ft. ethernet cable. Wired with no proxy and the PS3 DMZ'd into the router has always worked on all of my game systems that run FFXI.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 30, 2010

Hello... I had a similar problem a while back (which occurred after SquareEnix did an update to the client).   I was able to resolve it by doing a "check files" run.  You can do this by going to the main menu while on the Play Online page, and select "Check files".  

This way, the SE servers will also update all router and proxy connections.  When it's done, be sure to restart your console....(usually will restart itself anyway).   If you're still aving a problem, then you'll unfortunately have to call Sony and/or your ISP.   Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (504 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2010

I havent had any problems myself wih FFXI, its been running fine for a good 4 years. But the most common thing is the wireless and what not.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (504 Views)
0 Likes