Aug 08 2003
By: Takumsa~ Lombax Warrior 131 posts

As beta testers what information are we allowed to give out to non beta testers?

10 replies 10 views Edited Aug 8, 2003
I'm wondering this because I told one of my friends that I was accepted because I was just very excited. Now he wants to know alot about the beta test and everything. Would I be allowed to show him anything or would this be a breach of the beta contract. Should I have not even told him? I hope its not that strict and if it is please let it slide just this once.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
426 posts

Re: As beta testers what information are we allowed to give out to non beta testers?

Aug 8, 2003
well this game has been out in public (japan) so i dont think there's some sort of disclosure agreement. Some people even have bought it thru import.
3D Environment Artist

PSN: DARKTORNS
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2435 posts

Re: As beta testers what information are we allowed to give out to non beta testers?

Aug 8, 2003

I'm sorry, but now your going to have to return your beta for telling him about it.  You've completely ignored the terms and conditions...

hehe just playing, I dont think there's any problems with that since the game has been out for quite some time already, more than 2 years.  It's basically the same as the import version except for the fact that it's in english this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
795 posts

Aug 8, 2003
you will definately have to be very very carefuly about what you tell people about the beta testing. there was the agreement that you first read when you signed up with all the info about what you can tell other people. i suggest you go to the gap page or beta test site and look for that agreement again befor posting sensitive material.

see everyone online!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2435 posts

Aug 8, 2003
I read the terms and conditions when signing up at the GAP site...it didn't say anything regarding NDA rules...or it probably did and i forgot...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Aug 8, 2003
I'm sure when we get the game next week there will be specific instructions on what can be said and what can't be said.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Aug 8, 2003

,Takumsa wrote:
I'm wondering this because I told one of my friends that I was accepted because I was just very excited. Now he wants to know alot about the beta test and everything. Would I be allowed to show him anything or would this be a breach of the beta contract. Should I have not even told him? I hope its not that strict and if it is please let it slide just this once.

I don't think it really matters much at all.  Basicly I think they just don't want you giving away your Beta kit or the codes that come with it to play. 

Other than that...there is nothing else that can't be already found on the internet because of the Japanese release.... and the english version will end up joining into the japanese version once it goes live so it's not like the US version has some new secret feature that would ruin the game if it got out.

`··._.·`¯`··._.·`¯`··._.·`¯`·._.·`¯`·Fireballx2003·._.·`¯`··._.·`¯`··._.·`¯`··._.·`¯`··._.·`

Pringle - Tarutaru - 9 BLM - Windurst - Midgardsormr
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7317 posts

Aug 8, 2003
Yes, I beta tested the Network Adapter. The kit will explain everything. All the rules and what your duties are as a beta tester.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2980 posts

Aug 8, 2003

,okidokiob1knobi wrote:
you will definately have to be very very carefuly about what you tell people about the beta testing. there was the agreement that you first read when you signed up with all the info about what you can tell other people. i suggest you go to the gap page or beta test site and look for that agreement again befor posting sensitive material.

see everyone online!

yes
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1562 posts

Aug 8, 2003
now a quick  question. do we get any benifits for beta testing like getting a free HDD or the game? Just curiuos
Smackdown VS RAW, Project: Snowblind, Socom 3
Resistance 2, Playstation Home
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (10 Views)
0 Likes