Sackboy
424 posts

Re: your ranking of the Final Fantasy games

Sep 28, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

Final Fantasy 1-6: Amazing

Final Fantasy 7-13: Straight up garbage

No offense (you could very well have a good reason for that opinion) But that is the prevailing opinion of pretentious people who think tht disliking things that everyone else likes somehow makes them unique and clever. I've heard people call 7 & 8 over-rated before but never garbage. Whats your thinking behind that?

Haha trust me, I have my reasons, I don't want to ellaborate because that'll be a long post but I'm not a random hater. I have legit reasons. I understand some people love those games that I despise, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I won't bash people because they don't like the same games as me.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (397 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Sep 28, 2012

VI > IV > IX > XIII > VII > VIII > XIII-2 > I > XI > XII > V >  III > II > X-2 > X

I opened Final Fantasy I on Christmas morning in 1988 (1989?), whatever the release year was.  I had never heard of it.  My Mom said she thought I would like it because it had a crystal ball and a sword on the cover.  She had no idea. 

Anyway, I've played every one since on the NA release date, even had a JP emulator version of V before the PS1 remake.  I can see where people are coming from with the 1-6 being great and the rest being garbage.  They are almost a different genre.  In fact, my friends at the time of the VII release had played the NA releases like me and all of them hated VII and said it was the death of FF, except me.  I had seen VI as the pinnacle and didn't see how they could improve within the same style.  I care for newness more than just making the same great game with different characters, so VII still made a good impression on me while my FF-geek-elitist friends called me a traitor.  I felt the same about XIII.  Frankly I agree with all the criticisms on an objective level, but ultimately I didn't end up caring about them.  I just had a blast with the game.

X is the only FF that ever seriously disappointed me.  I could go on for pages but don't want to start a flame war.  I just didn't find anything about it enjoyable.  Well, except Rastafarian Shiva!

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 28, 2012

my favorite final fantasy is 10 but my favorite final fantasy character is cloud.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

1. FFVIII
2. FFIV
3. FFIX
4. FFX
5. FFVI
6. FFVII
7. FFV
8. FFXIII
9. FFXII
10. FFIII
11. FFII
12. FFI
13. FFXI
14. FFXIV

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

VI, IX, XII, VII, V, IV, VIII, X, XIII-2, XIII, III, I, II, X-2,

I haven't played either XI or XIV. I don't dislike any of the games, I've found something to enjoy in all of them, I based my rankings on gameplay, story, characters, and replay value.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

Oct 8, 2012

In order:

1-2) Final Fantasy X

1-2) Final Fantasy VI

3) Final Fantasy VIII

4) Final Fantasy VII

5) Final Fantasy V

6) Final Fantasy IX

7) Final Fantasy III

8) Final Fantasy IV

9) Final Fantasy XIII

10) Final Fantasy XIII-2

11) Final Fantasy I

12) Final Fantasy II

I always debate with myself over which one I like more, XI or X so I decided to just tie them.

The reason XI and XII are not here is because I have not played them, sadly.

And X-2 is the most godawful thing to happen to gaming since the the Philips Cd-i Legend of Zelda trilogy.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Oct 8, 2012

You're full of it.  6 is one of the best, 1 & 5 are ok.  But, I would go with 7 & 10 as being near the very top.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31528 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012
  1. IX
  2. X
  3. VI
  4. IV
  5. VIII
  6. VII
  7. Tactics
  8. V
  9. X-2
  10. II
  11. III
  12. I
  13. XII

9001. XIII

1,000,000. XIII-2

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (309 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

Final Fantasy 1-6: Amazing

Final Fantasy 7-13: Straight up garbage

No offense (you could very well have a good reason for that opinion) But that is the prevailing opinion of pretentious people who think tht disliking things that everyone else likes somehow makes them unique and clever. I've heard people call 7 & 8 over-rated before but never garbage. Whats your thinking behind that?

Haha trust me, I have my reasons, I don't want to ellaborate because that'll be a long post but I'm not a random hater. I have legit reasons. I understand some people love those games that I despise, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I won't bash people because they don't like the same games as me.

When you call the Golden Age of FF (from VI to X) garbage, you can't have a good reason, sorry man,

OT: I'm only going to list the main series (I don't like spin offs and second parts that much)

1. IX

2. VI

3. XIII

4. VII

5. XII

6. VIII

7. IV

8. X

9. V

10. III

11. XI

12. I

13. II

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2012

I haven't played them all, but here's my list:

1. FF8

2. FF12

3. FF9

4. FF10

5. FF Tactics (PSP remaster)

6. Theatrythym: Final Fantasy (3DS)

7. FF10-2

8. Dissidia FF Duodecim 012

9. FF7: Crisis Core

10. FF12: Revnent Wings (DS)

FF7 - Not  fan of the characters as much as everyone else is. Not sure why.

FF13 - The only FF I've ever put down after playing less then an hour. I came back to it, but think I'm only half way through. Also, I really, really hate the entire cast except for Lightning. Snow and Hope are probably my 2 least characters of a video game of all time.

FF13-2 - I only bought it because I love the franchise. I have two different collectors editions of this, but both are sealed and will probably never get played.

FF1 - Maybe I'm spoiled now, but the graphics of today out weigh the top down pixel freinds of yesteryear. I loved it a while ago, but after playing many other RPG's of it's time, it feels like there's no difference.

I own a bunch of other spinoff FF's (Tactics A2, the Crystal series) but have yet to put real time into them.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (260 Views)
0 Likes