Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Re: where have all the negro's gone

Nov 20, 2003
Maybe all FF characters are Asians.  Don't forget Asians like to dye their hair (except me).  Also Asians' skin colors go from pale white (like Tidus) to dark brown (like Barret).
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

Nov 20, 2003

Llama Herder wrote:
Maybe all FF characters are Asians. Don't forget Asians like to dye their hair (except me). Also Asians' skin colors go from pale white (like Tidus) to dark brown (like Barret).

No you can obviously tell racial distinctions in FF games. In those CG scenes you can see how Tidus magically looks Asian all of a sudden as did Rikku.
Wearing the 45
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9154 posts

Nov 20, 2003

Gamecaver wrote:

Llama Herder wrote:
Maybe all FF characters are Asians. Don't forget Asians like to dye their hair (except me). Also Asians' skin colors go from pale white (like Tidus) to dark brown (like Barret).

No you can obviously tell racial distinctions in FF games. In those CG scenes you can see how Tidus magically looks Asian all of a sudden as did Rikku.

yea he looked american one moment and asian the next... i found that funny
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2493 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,Llama Herder wrote:

,PikkonX wrote:
I'm black and plan to go to Japan sometime in my life so you can count me in. It seems that only American-made games have a mixture of races in their games. I can understand why games that originate in Japan would not have many black people in them, but why don't they even have Japanese people in them? For instance, the only time you see someone remotely Asian in FFX is during cinemas when Tidus magically turns Asian.

When did Tidus turn Asian?  I can't remember.
Well, the scene when Tidus and Yuna are kissing in the lake. When the CG comes on they both appear to be Asian. But rpgfan doesn't think I know what Final Fantasy is so I couldn't have possibly seen that scene. But lets drop this topic I'm tired of seeing it.

Free userbarsFree userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

Heh...I found it sloppy...as if no one in the CG department had a clue how the rest of the game was looking.  And once these guys were trouble-shooting the game...they didn't catch that?  Tidus was a completely different character in many of the CG scenes.  I was able to overlook it but I thought it was rather...unprofessional.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 20, 2003

,maricam wrote:

,Gringita709 wrote:

Heh...I found it sloppy...as if no one in the CG department had a clue how the rest of the game was looking.  And once these guys were trouble-shooting the game...they didn't catch that?  Tidus was a completely different character in many of the CG scenes.  I was able to overlook it but I thought it was rather...unprofessional.

Is it just me or does Tidus look g@yin the part at the lake?

Message Edited by Sephiroth2290 on 11-21-2003 08:50 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Nov 21, 2003
why does the words 'ghetto fabulous' keep popping up?...

do you know what it means?

I dont really care that much if they put blacks in or not....just a little......

but i say if they are...make them a very good character. dont be stereotypical and make them big and bulky and bossy with a big mean ugly mug.(barret) hmm....i wonder why they made the black man with a gun.....hmmmm lol.

but i just want a black character to look cool like cloud with a spikey afro, perhaps.....not like kiros....he looked fruity.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Nov 21, 2003

,Zod wrote:

,TacticAngel wrote:
Why does Final Fantasy NEED a lot of black characters exactly? I mean should we throw one in every game like commercials do? Is that really what Final Fantasy needs? Is that even a fair representation of black people? Why would you even dwell on this?

Why does it need whites and Asians?

I think anything more than what they're doing is fair enough since blacks are totally excluded from current-gen FF's. Then again, I don't expect much from the makers of Tom Sawyer.  

Well in that case there definitely aren't enough aryans in the game. Its been quite a while since I've seen a quality blonde hair, blue eyed character. Lets all complain about the lack of representation of every tiny segment of the populous. My point in making that post was to perhaps awaken a little voice inside the head of whoever might have been reading it that said "Polical correctness in the casting of characters is not only insulting to that race, it is also not good for Final Fantasy in general." 
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 48 (0 Views)
0 Likes