Treasure Hunter
8755 posts

Re: what are you looking forward to most about FFXI?

Apr 20, 2003

,ShadowPaladin wrote:

,Katsuke wrote:
Just the idea of playing the best Rpg series of all time online will be awesome. Endless hours of a hopefully good storyline with FF fans will really be enjoyable.

While I think the game is going to be awesome, I'm (sadly) not expecting much of a story....by definition, MMO games can't have much of a story...especially if every person in the world is the "lone savior of the world..."  I'd like a nice story included, but I have to be pessimistic about the way such a story could be implemented...especially since YOU are the character and he or she is working on YOUR drives and ambitions, instead of their own... 
I don't think you'll be thinking about the story once you've entered the game with your own character in a game that will take over 2 years to beat ( so they say ). Square-Enix will be constantly adding to the game making it better everyday!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
828 posts

Apr 21, 2003

,ShadowPaladin wrote:
For me, it's the chance to be able to play with other people who like FF...like the people in these boards, for instance.  I think it'd be real fun to play with you guys (and gals) but since we're long distance, there's no way any of us could get to each others houses...but we set up avatars in the game and we can play together all day long....

some ppl say that they messed up the series of making a sequal. i say they messed up the series by making this online...
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Apr 21, 2003
yea pretty much same here, it would be awsum standing next 2 your friend fighting together
Chuchai
58 RDM/BLM
rank 6
MerisLoveShack
Carbuncle
ZM4
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8755 posts

Apr 21, 2003

,KaiJun wrote:
yea pretty much same here, it would be awsum standing next 2 your friend fighting together
really?  ( obviously because you'll be standing next to me ) Yah it would be pretty nice to not only w/ your friends but people all over the world. But what sucks is that you can't kill each other ( 2 bad KaiJun... ).
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 24 (11 Views)
0 Likes