Aug 19 2003
By: rageagnstbullet~ Lombax Warrior 219 posts

vincent valentine

26 replies 0 views Edited Aug 19, 2003
i am at the boss fight MAteria Keeper at Mt. Niblehiem and i cant beat him. should i go to the shinra mansion and get vincent and the summon materia before i try again, or will this be too hard for me? I am about lvl 30 cloud and 25 everyone else.

Message Edited by rageagnstbullet on 08-19-2003 09:07 AM

SOCOM 2 ID: NINEINCHBLTS
SOCOM 2 CLAN: none :-(
SOCOM ID: Sin-Killer
SOCOM Clan: None, but i was too lazy to make a new ID
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Re: vincent valentine

Aug 19, 2003

,rageagnstbullet wrote:
i am at the boss fight MAteria Keeper at Mt. Niblehiem and i cant beat him. should i go to the shinra mansion and get vincent and the summon materia before i try again, or will this be too hard for me? I am about lvl 30 cloud and 25 everyone else. ,

You can do that but it wouldn't matter much since Vincent would start out equal to everyone else. Something you might try is using the Big Guard enemy skill if you have it, it will boost you magic and physical defense. It can be learned from Adamantoise, (big turtle on the beaches) and another creature, I forget exactly which one. (Think they're on the beaches too, looks like leeches, usually attacks in a group. ) You may have to control him and cast it on yourself to learn it though. I forget what the materia is that allows that. Also keep in mind that MAteria Keeper is the ONLY beast in the game where you learn the Trine enemy skill, so don't kill him to quick. Check out gamesfaqs.com.,

Message Edited by IndianaHoosier on 08-19-2003 12:15 PM

Message Edited by IndianaHoosier on 08-19-2003 12:17 PM

Hmmm.... Games, sleep or food?? Games, sleep or food?? I CAN'T DECIDE!!!! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Aug 19, 2003

,rageagnstbullet wrote:
i am at the boss fight MAteria Keeper at Mt. Niblehiem and i cant beat him. should i go to the shinra mansion and get vincent and the summon materia before i try again, or will this be too hard for me? I am about lvl 30 cloud and 25 everyone else. ,

You should get vincent and Odin before you fight Materia Keeper.But it dosen't really matter.

Message Edited by Joseph3391 on 08-19-2003 09:16 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Aug 19, 2003
is the boss you have to fight in the Shinra Mansion hard?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2804 posts

Aug 19, 2003

,rageagnstbullet wrote:

It's not that hard if you trained your party good,my party was all over lvl.35 and I beat it easly.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Aug 19, 2003

,rageagnstbullet wrote:

First time I ever played he stomped me into the ground. He's in the safe after you open it I think. He's half magic, half strength. If you kill the magic side first, he'll pound you with physical attacks, and vice versa. Forget his name.... Not the hardest though. Wait til you have a run-in with Emerald and Ruby. Say hello if you see them....they don't like me too much.....

Message Edited by IndianaHoosier on 08-19-2003 12:38 PM

Hmmm.... Games, sleep or food?? Games, sleep or food?? I CAN'T DECIDE!!!! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4285 posts

Aug 19, 2003

,IndianaHoosier wrote:

,rageagnstbullet wrote:

You can do that but it wouldn't matter much since Vincent would start out equal to everyone else. Something you might try is using the Big Guard enemy skill if you have it, it will boost you magic and physical defense. It can be learned from Adamantoise, (big turtle on the beaches) and another creature, I forget exactly which one. (Think they're on the beaches too, looks like leeches, usually attacks in a group. ) You may have to control him and cast it on yourself to learn it though. I forget what the materia is that allows that. Also keep in mind that MAteria Keeper is the ONLY beast in the game where you learn the Trine enemy skill, so don't kill him to quick. Check out gamesfaqs.com.,

Message Edited by IndianaHoosier on 08-19-2003 12:15 PM

Message Edited by IndianaHoosier on 08-19-2003 12:17 PM

The Materia Keeper isn't the only one with trine. Stiliva (a red materia keeper) In the nothern mountains has it. And I think that Ruby Weapon has it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Aug 19, 2003
It doesn't matter. The Materia Keeper isn't that hard, although if you were to acquire Vincent first you'd have to fight another boss, called Lost Number. He's equally hard, if not harder, than Materia Keeper. The up side to all this is that you'll have Vincent and the Odin Summon. Odin can be useful against the Materia Keeper, but do it at your own risk.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Aug 19, 2003

,xenoskippy720 wrote:
It doesn't matter. The Materia Keeper isn't that hard, although if you were to acquire Vincent first you'd have to fight another boss, called Lost Number. He's equally hard, if not harder, than Materia Keeper. The up side to all this is that you'll have Vincent and the Odin Summon. Odin can be useful against the Materia Keeper, but do it at your own risk.

Lost number!!! Isn't that the name of the boss in the safe at Shinra Mansion??? Finally my brain can cool down a bit....
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Aug 19, 2003
oh well but at least ill get a chance to train my party. you see i am trying to fight materia keeper with no potions! ill will get more in nibleheim. but if the boss is as hard as you say i will have to train harder!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (0 Views)
0 Likes