Oct 23 2003
By: Blademaster07~ First Son 17 posts

re-redo: (work this time) PROVE HIM WRONG PLEASE!!!!

9 replies 1 views Edited Oct 23, 2003

For some reason, my little brother thinks that they will remake FFVII for the PS2, even after I told him about an article that said it would be too hard.  Please back me up!

Message 1 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7545 posts

Re: re-redo: (work this time) PROVE HIM WRONG PLEASE!!!!

Oct 23, 2003
Nothing announced at the moment, but that doesnt mean a future project will never happen.
Message 2 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 23, 2003
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=finalfantasy&message.id=31107

My eightball tells me:
All sources say YES
Message 3 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Oct 23, 2003

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6026421.html

This article states that it would be unrealistic to remake FFVII.  Why?  Because they would have to redo the entire engine from the ground up, making the dev time that of a normal FF title.  So why spend all that money, when people can still play it on current systems?

-
Owned by Atlus
Message 4 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3161 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,MarcAlan wrote:

This article states that it would be unrealistic to remake FFVII.  Why?  Because they would have to redo the entire engine from the ground up, making the dev time that of a normal FF title.  So why spend all that money, when people can still play it on current systems?

I did here something about a new version coming out with enhanced graphics, etc, like they did with Anthology/Chronicles...but I forget where I heard that...but it would still be a PSone game with the same engine, I believe.

Message Edited by BaltimoreGirl on 10-23-2003 10:53 AM

Message 5 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Final Boss
28533 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,MarcAlan wrote:

It's not necessarily the normal development time scale...Because one things seems to commonly overlooked...And that is that characters and story ideas are already there...Can't really begin to do anything without all of those done...And since they are, that would shave some time off...Keep in mind, I'm not saying those take a long time to do, I'm just saying that it wouldn't quite be the full three years it took them to make FFVII again.

Message Edited by Sir_Crono on 10-23-2003 10:55 AM

Message 6 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,rflulling wrote:

My eightball tells me:
All sources say YES

It wouldn't be hard to remake FF7.  I'd like to see it happen, just update graphics, orchestrate or electronicize music and redo the FMV scenes to keep udated with the graphics.  I'd like to see that.

I heard a long time ago Square was planning on remaking FF7,8,9 like that and release them all as a bundle on ps2 dvd discs but it was just talk nothing was planned or set, it's like a fantasy project of theirs that they just don't have time to get around to or might not even do.

did you see that....................ho over there that that THAT.......nevermind ;op
Message 7 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7838 posts

Oct 23, 2003

,IamSamurai wrote:

,rflulling wrote:

My eightball tells me:
All sources say YES

It wouldn't be hard to remake FF7.  I'd like to see it happen, just update graphics, orchestrate or electronicize music and redo the FMV scenes to keep udated with the graphics.  I'd like to see that.

I heard a long time ago Square was planning on remaking FF7,8,9 like that and release them all as a bundle on ps2 dvd discs but it was just talk nothing was planned or set, it's like a fantasy project of theirs that they just don't have time to get around to or might not even do.

It would be EXTREMELY hard and time consuming to re-do FF VII. Remember? VII had pre-rendered backgrounds, they would have to basically make a whole new game.....unless of course they opted not to make it fully 3D.

-Griever_08

http://goo.gl/SjUkM
Message 8 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Oct 23, 2003
ok two notes. Credible info says that the Seqaul is not a game, but a 60min DVD which is an extened ending to the original FFVII.

Now the game itself is rumored to be in the Remake stages, being Converted to all PS2. So I gather that its being Optimized for playback on PS2 hardware. If they are remaking the whole game, then perhaps they have a Template for just this purpose of Updating a game.
Who knows.
So far a Remade game is less than credible rumor.
But the Movie is a Fact.

Now I think that if they have done any thing to the origingal game it must be done by now because, the movie is said to be released very soon. Also the movie is suposed to be Bundled with the re-release FFVII game.
Message 9 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1998 posts

Oct 23, 2003
ugh people..... so far all that has been officially announced was Final Fantasy VII: Advent Child.  however its not like they said a game would not be made.  so it is still possible.  *crosses fingers*
Message 10 of 10 (1 View)
0 Likes