Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 07 2003
By: tes~ Wastelander 804 posts

praise be to vivi

22 replies 3 views Edited Jul 7, 2003
i have beat final fantasy IX a long time ago, but i just recently got the urge to complete a higher percent of it, one thing i havent done was get all the ultimate weapons for the characters. i went to get vivi's ultimate weapon :mace of zeus, i think it is. and i immediately used the black magic doomsday, not knowing what ecactly it does, and you kno what? i completely annihalated myself(ooops) lol, anyway, i didnt make the mistake again, and i prepared myself, i put shadow elemental absorb equipment  on my characters and now i hrt the enemy and heal my team for 36 mp. thats great.  my praise to vivi is an opinion that vivi is the strongest character in the whole game, does anyone else concur? hes is my favorite character in IX, and he has the only decent trance
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Re: praise be to vivi

Jul 7, 2003

,tes wrote:
i have beat final fantasy IX a long time ago, but i just recently got the urge to complete a higher percent of it, one thing i havent done was get all the ultimate weapons for the characters. i went to get vivi's ultimate weapon :mace of zeus, i think it is. and i immediately used the black magic doomsday, not knowing what ecactly it does, and you kno what? i completely annihalated myself(ooops) lol, anyway, i didnt make the mistake again, and i prepared myself, i put shadow elemental absorb equipment  on my characters and now i hrt the enemy and heal my team for 36 mp. thats great.  my praise to vivi is an opinion that vivi is the strongest character in the whole game, does anyone else concur? hes is my favorite character in IX, and he has the only decent trance

I love Vivi. He's the best! But one thing, what do you mean he had the only decent trance? Have you ever seen Zidane's trance? You must of never seen it because Zidane's trance rocks! Especially with the fact that you get more and more moves for him. My Grand Lethal gives 9999 damage every time!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Jul 7, 2003
i have seen zidane's trance many many times before. and why pay 60 mp to do 9999 damage when the lower half ones in the list do the same thing? thats why i like vivi's the best: two attacks! double black magic cant get better than that!! but thats just because i favor black magicians over most others
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 7, 2003
,tes wrote:
i have seen zidane's trance many many times before. and why pay 60 mp to do 9999 damage when the lower half ones in the list do the same thing? thats why i like vivi's the best: two attacks! double black magic cant get better than that!! but thats just because i favor black magicians over most others

Well, when you have as much mp as me, you can afford to use that much. It only means one thing, if you don't want to give it, then that means you don't have it. Train to get more!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Jul 7, 2003
i have plenty of mp, mp is of no concern, im like level 81 for zidane, it is just the fact that they all do nonelemental damage, nothing else. and why pay 60 mp to do 9999 damage when another will do the same for 16, and also when you become maxed out in levels, a normal physical attack will to the same for no mp, so what im saying is vivi's is most beneficial, and i think steiners is the least
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 7, 2003

,tes wrote:
i have plenty of mp, mp is of no concern, im like level 81 for zidane, it is just the fact that they all do nonelemental damage, nothing else. and why pay 60 mp to do 9999 damage when another will do the same for 16, and also when you become maxed out in levels, a normal physical attack will to the same for no mp, so what im saying is vivi's is most beneficial, and i think steiners is the least

Well, right now for me, only Grand Lethal does 9999. And Steiner's is ok, it just makes him stronger, but alot stonger.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Jul 7, 2003
yeah i kno what steiner's does, he is one of my most used characters, if you have vivi in your party you have to have steiner in your party too, and vice versa. they go so well together, dont you agree? after all vivi lets steiner have his sword magic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jul 7, 2003

,tes wrote:
yeah i kno what steiner's does, he is one of my most used characters, if you have vivi in your party you have to have steiner in your party too, and vice versa. they go so well together, dont you agree? after all vivi lets steiner have his sword magic

Without Vivi, Steiner isn't the same. That sword magic makes him a whooooole lot better.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1433 posts

Jul 7, 2003

Vivi is my god. He was probably the best character in the game as he was the one with the best history.
Black mages have the coolest outfit too.
Plus, the one MP cost and Vivi's trance go hand-in-hand I find!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Jul 7, 2003

where and how do you get the one-mp cost?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (3 Views)
0 Likes