Keyblade Wielder
10751 posts

Re: ok im confused about the series

Nov 15, 2003

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

So no way does being able to afford $13 a month make me rich

It doesn't make you rich, but your initial comments indicated that you thought there was something wrong with anyone who couldn't (or wouldn't) pay $13 a month.  That's the point here.  Not whether you can afford it or not.  Not everyone wants to spend their money the way you do.  Be glad you've got the funds to cover your hobby and parents who are willing and able to help you buy a car.
Message 21 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 15, 2003

ermm..you see, I'm only 15(if you want to insult my young age, go ahead, I have no business or whatsoever with you)

so I see 10 dollars as a 'goldbar' already

100 dollars more than goldbar definitely

my mum won't give me money for any thing I buy, I actually have to use it from my pocket money..

Message 22 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Nov 15, 2003
People like to argue on message boards, that is why.
There is no such thing as a stupid question....there are only really stupid people asking.
Message 23 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

Nov 15, 2003

Yeah there's nothing wrong with arguments.. they're really the reason I come here. Disagreeing is more fun than agreeing.

Anyway final

I totally respect that, and I have the same view you do.

But please consider that your situation makes you less than fortunate as far as being able to afford it, instead of the other way around where people who can easily afford it are rich

Message 24 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 16, 2003

I really wana play it...but I can't. Nothin against the game or anything,  its just that I really don't have choice. Its already out and as one person said earlier, " u gotta be rich". Guess what,  you do. Apparantly Square wasn't thinking about this type of situation too well but it is true, only people who live in a financially stable home and play the game. Includding everything said earlier about buying the game, the online adapter, *keyboard, *tetra master, and ofcourse the basic online fee. The montly fee is expensive compared to other games, but its not really expensive in general (not to mention its only montly). However, you need a major credit card of certain name to play the game which is going to dramatically limit Square's online participants. What Square should have done was sold game cards, this way everyone could play no matter what (Gamecards pertain to Everquest: Phonecard like cards with game hours that can be purchased separatly). For shame Square, for shame........

Message 25 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1087 posts

Nov 16, 2003

,Redcozmo_20 wrote:

I really wana play it...but I can't. Nothin against the game or anything,  its just that I really don't have choice. Its already out and as one person said earlier, " u gotta be rich". Guess what,  you do. Apparantly Square wasn't thinking about this type of situation too well but it is true, only people who live in a financially stable home and play the game. Includding everything said earlier about buying the game, the online adapter, *keyboard, *tetra master, and ofcourse the basic online fee. The montly fee is expensive compared to other games, but its not really expensive in general (not to mention its only montly). However, you need a major credit card of certain name to play the game which is going to dramatically limit Square's online participants. What Square should have done was sold game cards, this way everyone could play no matter what (Gamecards pertain to Everquest: Phonecard like cards with game hours that can be purchased separatly). For shame Square, for shame........

I can't play FFXI either, d*** online games. the only online game I generally like finance-wise is "Dark Ages".  This game gives you ten free days each time you start a new character, and the monthly fee is I think around $30 for 2-3 months.
Message 26 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Nov 16, 2003

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

"I know you're dam rich, but it doesn't have to do with the bill, it has to do with the payment, my parents do not have credit card at all, how do you expect me to pay to play it? besides, hwat about the software itself? it cost a bomb"

Um okay yes that is a problem... I totally agree it is sh**** for people without credit cards. I remember when i wanted to use an XBand I bought but couldn't cuz we didn't have a credit card. But I'm sure that Square will eventually come out with prepaid cards or you can find some alternative method.

BUT whyyyyyyyy do you keep saying I'm damn rich? Seriously

I have a job... that doesn't make me rich. i can pay for a year's worth of game play with one paycheck (paid every two weeks). If I work 3 days and that's it, I'm set for a year...

Next year I'm going to buy a 30,000 dollar car (using a 10,000 payment, partially from my earnings, selling my old car and help from parents)... does that make me rich? No.. it's just normal things normal people pay for. So no way does being able to afford $13 a month make me rich

some of us dont have jobs, man.

"Tell me friend, you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"
Message 27 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Nov 16, 2003

"So sorry, but $13 adds up and it can be a lot of money for a great many people.  $156 a year may seem like peanuts to you but that's only the monthly cost.  There is also a start-up cost.  Altogether you're looking at around $200 for a year's worth.  I don't know too many kids who have that kind of money unless their parents are rich and cave into every demand of their children."

yes I agree 13$ does add up to be alot of money I cant afford that write now all they want is more money thats why socom is good its free!!!

Message 28 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Nov 16, 2003

,FF_Master777 wrote:

,BlueOakleyz wrote:

"I know you're dam rich, but it doesn't have to do with the bill, it has to do with the payment, my parents do not have credit card at all, how do you expect me to pay to play it? besides, hwat about the software itself? it cost a bomb"

Um okay yes that is a problem... I totally agree it is sh**** for people without credit cards. I remember when i wanted to use an XBand I bought but couldn't cuz we didn't have a credit card. But I'm sure that Square will eventually come out with prepaid cards or you can find some alternative method.

BUT whyyyyyyyy do you keep saying I'm damn rich? Seriously

I have a job... that doesn't make me rich. i can pay for a year's worth of game play with one paycheck (paid every two weeks). If I work 3 days and that's it, I'm set for a year...

Next year I'm going to buy a 30,000 dollar car (using a 10,000 payment, partially from my earnings, selling my old car and help from parents)... does that make me rich? No.. it's just normal things normal people pay for. So no way does being able to afford $13 a month make me rich

some of us dont have jobs, man.

precisely, we can't find jobs not because we don't bother,i'ts because we can't due to the economic crisis(it's in my country, although it is neglgible)
Message 29 of 29 (0 Views)
0 Likes