Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/21/2008
Offline
2984 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010
@Aeternitas33 Whatever you say the reviews and the sells only happen becuase of the final fantasy name you try to dismiss everything if it does not go with what you want to believe about the game. But you are more then happy to post a review that you seen on gamefaqs that was obviously written up buy someone who has not played the game and scored it a 4/10 seriously that was one of the most bias user reviews i have read . If you hate the game so much move on and why do you feel the need to constantly bash the games just move on allready you are doing nothing but trolling this forum trying to start up arguments with anyone who wants to play it. i have asked you nicely before to please not respond to my threads but you still do so.so you cant even take the high road and agree to disagree and move on.I guess you find it offensive that i posted facts showing that the game overall was well recieved in japan.yes i am sure you can find some who dislike it like with any game.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/08/2007
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010
that guy has beaten the game.  The fanboys only say he hasn't beaten/played the game because they want to invalidate his opinion.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/23/2003
Offline
5092 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote:
@Aeternitas33 Whatever you say the reviews and the sells only happen becuase of the final fantasy name you try to dismiss everything if it does not go with what you want to believe about the game. But you are more then happy to post a review that you seen on gamefaqs that was obviously written up buy someone who has not played the game and scored it a 4/10 seriously that was one of the most bias user reviews i have read . If you hate the game so much move on and why do you feel the need to constantly bash the games just move on allready you are doing nothing but trolling this forum trying to start up arguments with anyone who wants to play it. i have asked you nicely before to please not respond to my threads but you still do so.so you cant even take the high road and agree to disagree and move on.I guess you find it offensive that i posted facts showing that the game overall was well recieved in japan.yes i am sure you can find some who dislike it like with any game.


What I said is that FF XIII is going to benefit from a number of things, such as an RPG drought on the PS3, and the name Final Fantasy, which will inflate review scores and sales of the game regardless of merit. That is why I have repeatedly said that in order to evaluate it properly you have to compare it to other games in its category, such as Dragon Quest IX, FF Versus XIII and Dragon Quest X. But since Dragon Quest is once again on other consoles, the best way to judge to what extent sales and reviews are being inflated is to compare it directly against its brother, Versus XIII. 

 

As for the review, I saw it posted on VGChartz here:

 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=96331

 

And if you had bothered to even look at the review, you would have noticed that it was based off of the Japanese version shortly after it launched. And from the level of detail in the review, and the date, I don't know how anyone could come to the conclusion that the reviewer hadn't played the game - unless of course they didn't even bother to read it, and just dismissed it, which is what you did. 

 

How do I know that? Because the reviewer gave the game a 7, not a 4. You're thinking of the 4.0 review that came out of Hong Kong.

 

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/hong-kong-mag-rates-final-fantasy-xiii-4/10-biggest-swindle-in-history....

 

Well, guess what? That guy played the game too, and all of his criticisms are valid. 

 

You really need to take your own advice. Stop responding to my posts, and if you do decide to respond, then at least do your research because you're not doing your side any favors. 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/23/2003
Offline
5092 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 22, 2010

Here's another review of the Japanese import, by a Japanese-speaking games journalist. He gave it a 7.9/10.

 

Verdict: A game that never comes together properly and while competent, a disappointment which fails to live up to the hype.

 

 http://ps3.nowgamer.com/reviews/ps3/8864/final-fantasy-xiii

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/05/2003
Offline
286 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 22, 2010
Lawlz
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/07/2004
Offline
2714 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 23, 2010

Coming from my social environment, RPGs are the most notable games that girls play, including my girl. She plays Dragon Age: Origins, and loves it. I started playing Dragon Age: Origins back in January, I told her "hey come here, watch me play this game" 10 minutes later she was hooked and made her own character and we would takes turns on my computer to play our own story mode, later on she got a new laptop because she was in need of a new one and she also got a copy of Dragon Age: Origins with it.

 

My point is that girls are drawn to RPG based games because it induces compelling story telling and character development. It's falls with the "feelings" thing they love so much lol


D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E wrote:

lol, yea thats what i thought. rpgs and ff for girls? lol


 


PSN: Cpt-GargameL
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/14/1999
Offline
7652 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 24, 2010

s2kneSs wrote:

Coming from my social environment, RPGs are the most notable games that girls play, including my girl. She plays Dragon Age: Origins, and loves it. I started playing Dragon Age: Origins back in January, I told her "hey come here, watch me play this game" 10 minutes later she was hooked and made her own character and we would takes turns on my computer to play our own story mode, later on she got a new laptop because she was in need of a new one and she also got a copy of Dragon Age: Origins with it.

 

My point is that girls are drawn to RPG based games because it induces compelling story telling and character development. It's falls with the "feelings" thing they love so much lol


D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E wrote:

lol, yea thats what i thought. rpgs and ff for girls? lol


 


I'd have to agree. Japanese women especially (my wife is Japanese). She's 90 hours into FFXIII (done with story part, working on the missions).

 

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 24, 2010
here we go again, feeding the trolls who think that their opinion matters. in reality, it does not. We still going to buy FF13 and enjoy it . And we ll see trollls return here after buyin the game and askin questions about it. lol 
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/08/2007
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 24, 2010

Soilwork wrote:
here we go again, feeding the trolls who think that their opinion matters. in reality, it does not. We still going to buy FF13 and enjoy it . And we ll see trollls return here after buyin the game and askin questions about it. lol 

The opposite is also true. You think your opinion matters? It doesn't. So why you post? To put somebody else down? Well to everyone else that doesn't matter.  That's reality, just like you said.  On FF13, you might want to hold your tounge until you actually play the game. The fact of the matter is, this is a love it or hate it game.

Message Edited by coffeerox on 02-24-2010 01:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 25, 2010

coffeerox wrote:

Soilwork wrote:
here we go again, feeding the trolls who think that their opinion matters. in reality, it does not. We still going to buy FF13 and enjoy it . And we ll see trollls return here after buyin the game and askin questions about it. lol 

The opposite is also true. You think your opinion matters? It doesn't. So why you post? To put somebody else down? Well to everyone else that doesn't matter.  That's reality, just like you said.  On FF13, you might want to hold your tounge until you actually play the game. The fact of the matter is, this is a love it or hate it game.

Message Edited by coffeerox on 02-24-2010 01:07 PM

i really dont care about other people caring about my opinion. As far as my tongue goes, ill do with it what i want. Ff13 is great and only emos and trolls hate it, cuz i know i am going to love it i just hope that trolls would be true to their words and DONt buy Ff13 when it comes out...

 

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes