Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 05/08/2007
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

You can reverse your argument for the DS too. I mean who buys Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (which actually got a 70 on MC) for DS? Only certain pieces of software sells (Nintendo mainly) and a lot of these famous franchises are absent on the PSP.  Where's our Ninja Gaiden, new Castlevania's, FF remakes?  The fact is, most Japanese developers chose the DS as the main portable platform and opting to go PSP when they need better visuals or different game design.

Message 31 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/23/2003
Offline
5092 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote:
I have seen numerous people state here on the forums that the japanese version failed and flopped here is some facts. over 50% of the ps3 userbase purchased the game.FFXIII is the best selling game ever for the PS3 in Japan. It's also Japan's first PS3 game to sell a million .Famitsu readers consider FFXIII the best game of all time. sounds like it did great to me so dont buy into the trolls who constantly bash the game with misinformation and partial truths. buy the game and judge for youre self or rent if youre unsure.No game is perfect but FF XIII is far from the pile of manure some on these forums try to claim. Hope you all enjoy the game for what it is not for what it is not.

Lol at partial truths. It's a Final Fantasy, and the Japanese love their RPGs, so what did you expect? Most Japanese, just like most Americans, bought their PS3s at a time when it was believed that FF XIII would be PS3 exclusive. They'd been waiting for this game for years, just like we have. And right now, it's the *only* FF game on the console, so the review scores and the "best game of all time" title don't mean anything. A proper evaluation won't be possible until after Final Fantasy Versus XIII launches. 

 

But in the meantime, you could make comparisons with a true champion: Dragon Quest IX shipped with more than 2 million pre-orders, sold more than 4 million copies, received a 40/40 Famitsu score and was voted best game of 2009 by Dengeki. 

Message 32 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/28/2007
Offline
2096 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

eeer.... so are you saying that Final Fantasy XIII is a flop because when compared to the "true champion" DQ IX?

 

Sure... it does not rank higher or sold as much as DQ IX, but let's compare?

 

 

Famitsu Score

 

DQ IX - 40

FF XIII - 39

 

Dengenki Best of 09.

 

DQ IX - #1

FF XIII - #2.

 

For FF XIII to sell DQ number, 4 millions, practically every single owner of PS3 in japan has to have purchased in in these 2 months... ok... obvious failure here.

 

Yes... it clearly is "less" than the champ, DQ IX, but if this is what you consider a steaming pile of manure, being #2 to DQ IX, then you have a higher standard than most of us.   I can't imagine playing only 1 game per year.  

 

Anyway, your dismissal of its score, yet brining up DQ IX and then further mention Versus only illustrate that you are a versus fanboy and not because of its game design, since so few is known about them, (other than KH like with their person shooter elements.) but that it is for now exclusive which you consider better because of the perceive slight from SE.

 

Whatever.

 

famitsu scores

http://kotaku.com/5422026/famitsu-final-fantasy-xiii-misses-perfect-score-%5Bstory-spoiler%5D

 

dengenki ranking

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/final-fantasy-xiii-ranks-2nd-in-dengekis-best-of-09-list.html

Now Playing: Aion, Torchlight
intel i7+ Radeon HD5850, go PC!
Click sig for my collection

Photobucket
Message 33 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/28/2007
Offline
2096 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

oh what? you don't want to talk to me anymore?

 

that just make me feel happy all over!

 

and please... you were talking down XIII and SE the second XIII went multi and way before linearity is know...  don't try to hide it behind some noble cause of defending all that is RPG.

 

 

Message Edited by wasabi5858 on 02-21-2010 02:06 AM
Now Playing: Aion, Torchlight
intel i7+ Radeon HD5850, go PC!
Click sig for my collection

Photobucket
Message 34 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/23/2003
Offline
5092 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

I've made it abundantly clear that my problems with FF XIII have to do with the lack of RPG elements, the same RPG elements we already know that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will have. And I didn't say that Versus XIII would be better. I said a proper comparison wouldn't be possible until we had more than one FF on the PS3. So congratulations on proving you can't read, or reason.

 

And yeah, how unfair of me to compare Final Fantasy to Dragon Quest. 

 

But I learned a long time ago that talking to you is pointless.

Message Edited by Aeternitas33 on 02-21-2010 02:09 AM
Message 35 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/21/2008
Offline
2984 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010
ok guys help me out here is he saying the sells and reviews dont count because its the first FF on the ps3 i have read through his post twice and thats what i see.i can not see how that possibly makes any kind of sence it is just plain stupidity going buy that logic he probally sees LBP planet as a failure also becuse it was the first on the ps3.All i did was post facts on sales in japam i do not see how he labels those partial truths it has become evident the only truths to him are the ones that support his agenda if they dont they are ignored or dismissed.
Message 36 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/28/2007
Offline
2902 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote:
ok guys help me out here is he saying the sells and reviews dont count because its the first FF on the ps3 i have read through his post twice and thats what i see.i can not see how that possibly makes any kind of sence it is just plain stupidity going buy that logic he probally sees LBP planet as a failure also becuse it was the first on the ps3.All i did was post facts on sales in japam i do not see how he labels those partial truths it has become evident the only truths to him are the ones that support his agenda if they dont they are ignored or dismissed.

 

The problem is sales arent the problem the problem is the game. Regardless of how bad FFXIII is it will sell like hotcakes.
Message 37 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/08/2007
Offline
870 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010
DQ9, sales-wise remains the champ among all games.  It's 4 million sales is staggering and comparing it to FF sales, it's far and away higher than FFXII and FFX and it's only out in Japan!  FFX sold 3.02m in Japan, FFXII 2.42 and FFXIII 1.89.  As you can see, none of those compared to DQ9 which is ridiculous considering the platform is a portable.  I don't expect FFXIII to sell in the range of DQ9, but at least match FFXII's 2.42.
Message 38 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/23/2003
Offline
5092 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Sedatedlife wrote:
ok guys help me out here is he saying the sells and reviews dont count because its the first FF on the ps3 i have read through his post twice and thats what i see.i can not see how that possibly makes any kind of sence it is just plain stupidity going buy that logic he probally sees LBP planet as a failure also becuse it was the first on the ps3.All i did was post facts on sales in japam i do not see how he labels those partial truths it has become evident the only truths to him are the ones that support his agenda if they dont they are ignored or dismissed.

You don't understand because you don't want to. Games like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are in a category of their own. The games sell on the basis of their respective reputations alone. And in the case of FF XIII, there's no context in which to properly evaluate it, especially here in North America, because there have been very few RPGs released on the PS3. No matter how bad the game is, it's going to sell a lot of copies, and it's going to get some very good reviews. The only way to really judge the game's impact short-term will be through user reviews and forum posts on gaming sites. Long term, we won't really know how well FF XIII did until FF Versus XIII releases and we can draw comparisions. PS3 owners are just starting to leave an RPG drought, and now we have a FF on the horizon. That's going to skew both the sales and the reviews. 

Message 39 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 10/12/2007
Offline
1727 posts
 

Re: japanese FF XIII facts

Feb 21, 2010

Phantom11392 wrote:

Sedatedlife wrote:
ok guys help me out here is he saying the sells and reviews dont count because its the first FF on the ps3 i have read through his post twice and thats what i see.i can not see how that possibly makes any kind of sence it is just plain stupidity going buy that logic he probally sees LBP planet as a failure also becuse it was the first on the ps3.All i did was post facts on sales in japam i do not see how he labels those partial truths it has become evident the only truths to him are the ones that support his agenda if they dont they are ignored or dismissed.

 

The problem is sales arent the problem the problem is the game. Regardless of how bad FFXIII is it will sell like hotcakes.
So true. So sad. And so... "nothing we can do but shake our heads and head off to a greener pasture."

 



Message 40 of 53 (17 Views)
Reply
0 Likes